Dr Aldo Lipani
Dept of Civil, Environ &Geomatic Eng
Faculty of Engineering Science
- Joined UCL
- 1st Oct 2018
Aldo's research broadly focuses on Information Retrieval, Natural Language Processing, and Machine Learning.
Aldo is module coordinator of:
- CEGE0004: Machine Learning for Data Science;
- CEGE0096: Geospatial Programming.
- Technische Universitat Wien
- Doctorate, Doctor | 2018
- Universita degli Studi di Bologna
- Other higher degree, Master of Science | 2012
- Universita degli Studi di Catania
- First Degree, Bachelor of Science | 2010
Aldo is a Lecturer (Asst. Prof.) in Machine Learning. Aldo is a member of the SpaceTimeLab led by Prof. Tao Cheng and of the Web Intelligence Group led by Prof. Emine Yilmaz. Previously, Aldo was a postdoc also at UCL. Aldo received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from the TU Wien (Austria) with the dissertation titled: “On Biases in Information Retrieval Models and Evaluation” under the supervision of Prof. Allan Hanbury and Dr. Mihai Lupu. He has furthered his studies at the: National Institute of Standard and Technologies (NIST) in Gaithersburg, Microsoft Research Cambridge, University of Glasgow, University of Amsterdam, and National Institute of Informatics (NII) in Tokyo.