- London Events
- Inverness Events
- Fort William Events
- Liverpool Events
- Newtonmore Screening
- Cambridge Screening
- Bristol Screening
- Norwich Screening
- Manchester Film Screening
- Nottingham Screening
- Lunch Hour Lecture
- Birmingham Screening
- Cambridge Events
- Cambridge U3A Film Group Event
- Montreal (SCMS)
Did you go to the cinema in 1960s Britain?
We are conducting a major AHRC-funded research project which aims to shed light on the social and cultural history of cinema. To many writers, sixties films summed up the changes transforming British society, but the films themselves reveal nothing about how they were received and remembered. We want to find out how cinema-goers remember the films they saw.
We are asking anyone who went to the cinema in 1960s Britain to share their memories with us by completing a short questionnaire.
The Project Team
Project Director: Dr Melvyn Stokes
Research Associate: Dr Emma Pett
Honorary Research Associate: Dr Matthew Jones
Telephone: 020 7679 7960Follow @60sCinema
Cultural Memory and British Cinema-going of the 1960s Project,
Department of History,
University College London,
Please select the event you are interested in from the list below.
Past Events in London
- 13th December 2013 - Screening and discussion event at the British Film Institute
- 14th November 2013 - Public lecture
- 26th September 2013 - Social lunch, talk and 1960s themed activities
- 17th July 2013 - Screening and discussion
- 10th May 2013 - Smoking at the Odeon: Memories of British Cinema-going of the 1960s