- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, 29/11: Woman Demon Human 人鬼情
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- Chinese film evening, 10/01/2017: Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
- #UCLfacesRACE: Eugenics@UCL
- Emetic remedies in Japanese Koiho 古方 medicine
- #UCLfacesRACE, Conversation 2: Why is my curriculum white?
- Daoist Cooking through the Four Seasons
- University of Westminster Contemporary China Centre Seminar
- Administrating Art, History, and Science in the Mongol Empire: Rashid al-Din and Bolad Chengxiang
- Thinking Chinese Conference (31/03–1/04 2015) 思華 · 華思 (UPDATE)
- Thinking Chinese Exhibition (31/03–12/05 2015)
- The Chinese Erhu during the First World War
- 5th Annual Chinese Visual Festival
- Call for Chinese-speaking choral singers!
- Lady Precious Stream
- Film and Discussion: When China Met Africa
- Hot and Numb! 2000 years of Sichuan pepper
- A unique opportunity to learn Chinese Sign Language at UCL!
- Medical Humanities in China – conference
- Isabella Bird (1831–1904): Photographic travels in China
- Thinking Chinese 思華 . 華思
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Professor Elisabeth Hsu
- International postgraduate summer school
- Di Lu Wins IASTAM Junior Scholar Essay Prize
- New Chinese Film + Director's Q&A
- Summer volunteering placements in rural China
- MA Chinese Health & Humanity Dissertation Conference 2016
- Chinoiseries – Art and Fashion
- Cross-Cultural Medical Humanities in a Digital World
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities: ten workshops
- PKU-UCL Cross-Cultural Medical Humanities
- Frontiers in Digital Health seminar
- Exhibition + Lecture + Student workshop
- PKU scholarship information event
- Chinese film evening, 17/01/2017: Inner Senses (Yidu kongjian 异度空间), dir. Law Chi-leung (Luo Zhiliang) 罗志良, 2002.
- Sense and Sensation Seminar: Sense and Sensuality in Ancient China
- Chinese film evening, 24/01/2017: East Palace, West Palace 东宫西宫 (1996).
- Peking University Yenching scholarship deadline 31 January 2017
- Scholarships to study Chinese in China – deadline 13 Feb, 9am
- CELEBRATE CHINESE NEW YEAR!
- Chinese film evening, 31/01/2017: For Fun 找乐 (1993)
- The Doctor-Patient Relationship in Contemporary China
- Chinese film evening, 7/02/2017: In Love We Trust 左右 (2008)
- Dumplings 饺子 (2004)
- Abortion in China
- Institute of Digital Health seminar
- LOOMS OF LIFE – weaving, medicine and knowledge production in early China
An international conference on the amazing 2nd-century BCE Laoguanshan 老官山 tomb finds, jointly convened by CCHH (UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity) and ICCHA (International Centre for Chinese Heritage and Archaeology). Time: 30 March 2017, 10–17.30. Place: IAS Common Ground, South Wing, Wilkins Building. More...
Humanoid robots as (indirect) tools for digital health in autism
Time: 20 February, 2:30–3:30pm
Place: Room G01, 66-72 Gower Street
Speaker: Alyssa Alcorn (CRAE) More...
Our New Year bonus film, by Hong Kong iconoclast director Fruit Chan 陈果, is 'a sinister story of diet, deception and death'.
Time: Wednesday 8 February, 7pm
Place: IAS Common Ground, South Wing, Wilkins Building More...
Family drama In love we trust (aka Left Right), directed and scripted by Sixth Generation film maker Wang Xiaoshuai 王小帅, hinges on the conception of a 'saviour sibling' for a child diagnosed with leukaemia. The screening will be followed by a conversation between bioethicist Prof. Cong Yali 丛亚丽 (PKU) and philosopher and ethicist James Wilson (UCL) on the issues raised by the film. More...
China Exchange 中国站 has a great programme of events to welcome in the Year of the Chicken. Highlights include a provocative 'short form debate evening' featuring CCHH's Vivienne Lo (Wed 1 Feb, 6.30pm) plus a documentary film-making challenge in partnership with London Documentary Network', plus a Silk and Bamboo 丝竹报春 concert with pipa virtuoso Chen Yu and flautist Liu Menglin... More...
The first film in 6th generation director Ning Ying's wryly humorous Beijing Trilogy, For Fun (Zhao le 找乐) tells the story of a group of retired Beijingers who set up a Peking Opera Group. More...
Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
25 October 2012
Tuesday, 12th February 2013, 7pm, Gustave Tuck Lecture Theatre.
This screening addresses the UCL Grand Challenge of Human Wellbeing.
Page last modified on 25 oct 12 15:08 by Penelope Barrett