- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
In the context of the UCL initiative for the creation of a Chinese Medical Humanities, on the 22nd and 23rd of February the collaborate workshop (with Peking University [PKU] Institute of Medical Humanities and King's College London [KCL]) convened international experts to reflect on the use of film in teaching the Medical Humanities. More...
Published: Mar 4, 2014 4:59:57 PM
China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
6th March 2014, 6.30pm
Gustave Tuck LT, UCL
Registration via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8973007507
UCL’s China Centre for Health and Humanity and Centre for Transnational History invite you to a panel discussion with John Kampfner (ex editor of the New Statesman and high-profile author, broadcaster and commentator), followed by a wine reception.
Published: Feb 25, 2014 2:00:02 AM
Published: Feb 25, 2014 1:17:25 AM
22–23 February 2013 More...
Published: Feb 6, 2014 3:13:23 PM
Published: Jan 21, 2014 4:02:00 PM
Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
12 September 2012
Running up to Chinese New Year 2013, the UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity will be showing four recent Chinese films related to the UCL Grand Challenges themes:
Global Health, Intercultural Interaction, Sustainable Cities and Human Wellbeing.
This event is curated by Patrizia Liberati, PhD candidate at Peking University.
The screenings will be presented by three film specialists: in Chinese film, the history of medicine in film, and film and intercultural interaction respectively. They will also feature Q & As with some of the directors in China. Admission is open, free of charge, to all members of UCL and registered Friends of UCL CCHH. To become a Friend, please click here.
To see the full programme, please click here.
The Festival forms part of the new CCHH course Chinese Film and the Body.
Page last modified on 11 sep 12 18:16 by Penelope Barrett