This programme integrates the clinical, academic and research components of neurophysiotherapy practice, with an emphasis on the management of patients with neurological disorders.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
The programme consists of four compulsory modules, four optional modules and a dissertation/report
- A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits, full-time 12 months, flexible 2–5 years) is offered. Students take four core modules (60 credits), and four optional modules (60 credits).
- A Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits, full-time one year, flexible study up to two years) is offered. Students take three core modules (45 credits) and one optional module (15 credits).
Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Physiotherapy Studies: Neurophysiotherapy. Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Physiotherapy Studies: Neurophysiotherapy. Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Physiotherapy Studies: Neurophysiotherapy.
Module information is available via the links below.
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I (CHLD0064)
- Motor Control in Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0025)
- Neurophysiotherapy: Evidence for Rehabilitation and Practice (CHLD0024)
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination (CHLD0013)
- Research Project (CHLD0026)
It may not be possible to take your preferred optional module because of timetabling and capacity constraints. The list below is subject to change by the time of enrolment. Options may include the following:
- Rehabilitation and Management for People Living with Long-term Neurological Conditions (CHLD0086)
- Work-Based Learning in Health (CHLD0087)
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity (CHLD0019)
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Skills (CHLD0014)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Motor Systems and Disease (CLNE0004)
- Peripheral Nerves and Associated Diseases (CLNE0023)
- Motoneurons, Neuromuscular Junctions and Associated Disease (CLNE0020)
- Paediatric Neuro-Physiotherapy (CHLD0017)
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (CHLD0020)
- Paediatric Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (CHLD0018)
- Physical Activity and Clinical Exercise in Cardiovascular Disease (CHLD0016)
- Health Management and Clinical Exercise for Pulmonary Disease (CHLD0015)
- Respiration Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0021)
Other optional modules may be available. These can be accessed through the UCL module catalogue once enrolled.
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.