This postgraduate programme integrates the advanced clinical, theoretical, academic and research components of paediatric physiotherapy practice.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
The programme consists of five compulsory modules, three optional modules and the research dissertation.
- A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits, full-time 12 months, flexible 2-5 years) is offered.
- A Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits, part-time 12 months) is offered.
Students take 60 credits of core modules. Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Advanced Physiotherapy: Paediatrics. Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Advanced Physiotherapy: Paediatrics. Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Advanced Physiotherapy: Paediatrics.
Module information is available via the links below.
Students select two modules from compulsory modules marked with **
Modules marked with * are compulsory.
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I (CHLD0064)*
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 1 (CHLD0010) *
- Paediatric Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (CHLD0018) **
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (CHLD0020) **
- Paediatric Neuro-Physiotherapy (CHLD0017)**
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination (CHLD0013)*
- Research Project (CHLD0026)*
- The Young Athlete: Injury Prevention and Management (CHLD0022) **
- Work-Based Learning in Health (CHLD0087) **
It may not be possible to take your preferred optional module because of timetabling and capacity constraints. The list below is subject to change by the time of enrolment. Options may include the following:
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 2 (CHLD0012)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity (CHLD0019)
- Respiration Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0021)
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Skills (CHLD0014)
- Motor Control in Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0025)
- Disability and Development (GLBH0013)
- Patient Safety and Clinical Risk (CHME0009)
- Information Law and Governance in Clinical Practice (CHME0011)
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.