This programme integrates the clinical, academic and research components of neurophysiotherapy practice, with an emphasis on the management of patients with neurological disorders.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
The programme consists of five compulsory modules, three optional modules, and a dissertation/report.
- A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits, full-time 12 months, flexible 2-5 years) is offered. Students take five core modules (75 credits) and three optional modules (45 credits).
- A Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits, full-time one year, flexible study up to two years) is offered. Students take four core modules (60 credits).
Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Advanced Physiotherapy: Neurophysiotherapy. Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Advanced Physiotherapy: Neurophysiotherapy. Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Advanced Physiotherapy: Neurophysiotherapy.
Module information is available via the links below.
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I (CHLD0064)
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 1 (CHLD0010)*
- Motor Control in Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0025)*
- Neurophysiotherapy: Evidence for Rehabilitation and Practice (CHLD0024)*
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination (CHLD0013)*
- Research Project (CHLD0026)
(*PG Cert students take the four core modules indicated above.)
It may not be possible to take your preferred optional module because of timetabling and capacity constraints. The list below is subject to change by the time of enrolment. Options may include the following:
- Rehabilitation and Management for People Living with Long-term Neurological Conditions (CHLD0086)
- Motor Control in Life, Health & Disease (CHLD0025)
- Work-Based Learning in Health (CHLD0087)
- Paediatric Neuro-Physiotherapy (CHLD0017)
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (CHLD0020)
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Skills (CHLD0014)
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity (CHLD0019)
- Respiration Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0021)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Health Management and Clinical Exercise for Pulmonary Disease (CHLD0015)
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 2 (CHLD0012)
- Physical Activity and Clinical Exercise in Cardiovascular Disease (CHLD0016)
- Paediatric Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (CHLD0018)
- Peripheral Nerves and Associated Diseases (CLNE0023)
- Motoneurons, Neuromuscular Junctions and Associated Disease (CLNE0020)
Other optional modules may be available and can be reviewed through the UCL module catalogue once enrolled.
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.