This postgraduate programme integrates the advanced clinical, academic and research components of musculoskeletal physiotherapy practice.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
- The Musculoskeletal MSc programme consists of six compulsory modules including the research project (165 credits) and one optional module (15 credits). Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Advanced Physiotherapy: Musculoskeletal. This MSc is accredited by the MACP (https://www.macpweb.org/).
- A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits, full-time 12 months, flexible 2-5 years) is offered. Students take five compulsory (105 credits) and one optional module (15 credits). Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Advanced Physiotherapy: Musculoskeletal.
- A Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits, full-time one year, flexible study up to two years) is offered. Students undertake modules to the value of 60 credits, consisting of two compulsory modules and one core module. Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Advanced Physiotherapy: Musculoskeletal.
Module information is available via the links below.
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination, 15 credits (CHLD0013)*
- Research Project, 60 credits (CHLD0026)
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I, 15 credits (CHLD0064)
- Clinical Education in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (CHLD0096) 15 credits*
- Upper Quadrant: Advanced Musculoskeletal Management (CHLD0097) 30 credits
- Lower Quadrant: Advanced Musculoskeletal Management (CHLD0098) 30 credits
PG Dip students do not undertake the Research Project. PG Cert students take the two core modules indicated (*) above, plus a choice of either upper or lower quadrant modules.
It may not be possible to take your preferred optional module because of timetabling and capacity constraints. The list below is subject to change by the time of enrolment. Options may include the following:
- Rehabilitation and Management for People Living with Long-term Neurological Conditions (CHLD0086)
- Motor Control in Life, Health & Disease (CHLD0025)
- Work-Based Learning in Health (CHLD0087)
- Paediatric Neuro-Physiotherapy (CHLD0017)
- Paediatric Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy (CHLD0020)
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Skills (CHLD0014)
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity (CHLD0019)
- Respiration Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0021)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Health Management and Clinical Exercise for Pulmonary Disease (CHLD0015)
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 2 (CHLD0012)
- Physical Activity and Clinical Exercise in Cardiovascular Disease (CHLD0016)
- Paediatric Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (CHLD0018)
- Peripheral Nerves and Associated Diseases (CLNE0023)
- Motoneurons, Neuromuscular Junctions and Associated Disease (CLNE0020)
- Strategies for the Self-Management of Pain (15 credits)
- Peripheral Nerve, Muscle and Senses (CLENG019) 15 credits
- Young Athlete: Injury Prevention and Management (CHLD0022) 15 credits
- Neurophysiotherapy: Evidence for rehabilitation and practice (CHLD0024) 15 credits
- The Heart Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0023) 15 credits
- eHealth: Healthcare in the Internet Age (CHME0007) 15 credits
- Information, law and governance (CHME0011) 15 credits
- Health and Wellbeing (BECH0004) 15 credits
Other optional modules may be available and can be reviewed through the UCL module catalogue once enrolled.
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.