This postgraduate programme integrates the advanced clinical, academic and research components of cardiorespiratory physiotherapy practice.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
The programme consists of five compulsory modules, three optional modules and the research dissertation.
- A Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits, full-time 12 months, flexible 2-5 years) is offered. Students take 75 credits of core modules and 45 credits of optional modules.
- A Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits, part-time 12 months) is offered. Students take 60 credits of core modules.
Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded an MSc in Advanced Physiotherapy: Cardiorespiratory. Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Advanced Physiotherapy: Cardiorespiratory. Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Advanced Physiotherapy: Cardiorespiratory.
Module information is available via the links below.
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I (CHLD0064)
- Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy Skills (CHLD0014)
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 1 (CHLD0010)
- Physiotherapy Research and Dissemination (CHLD0013)
- Research Project (CHLD0026)
- Respiration Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0021)
It may not be possible to take your preferred optional module because of timetabling and capacity constraints. The list below is subject to change by the time of enrolment. Options may include the following:
- Clinical Exercise and Physical Activity (CHLD0019)
- Clinical Education in Advanced Physiotherapy, Part 2 (CHLD0012)
- Paediatric Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (CHLD0018)
- Physical Activity and Clinical Exercise in Cardiovascular Disease (CHLD0016)
- Health Management and Clinical Exercise for Pulmonary Disease (CHLD0015)
- The Heart Through Life, Health and Disease (CHLD0023)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Work-Based Learning in Health (CHLD0087)
- Patient Safety and Clinical Risk (CHME0009)
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.