Personalised medicine is the next generation of medicine and healthcare. It aims to improve the management of patients’ health and to target therapies to achieve the best outcomes.
To find out core information about this degree, such as entry requirements, programme length and cost, visit the UCL prospectus site.
The programme consists of five compulsory modules, three optional modules, and a research dissertation.
- PG Diploma consists of five compulsory modules and three optional modules
- PG Certificate consists of four compulsory modules excluding Applied Statistics for Health Research 1
Upon successful completion of 180 credits, you will be awarded a MSc in Personalised Medicine and Novel Therapies. Upon successful completion of 120 credits, you will be awarded a PG Dip in Personalised Medicine and Novel Therapies. Upon successful completion of 60 credits, you will be awarded a PG Cert in Personalised Medicine and Novel Therapies.
Module information is available via the links below (pdf).
Students select 2 modules from the compulsory modules marked with **. Modules marked with * are compulsory.
- Applied Genomics (CHLD0033)
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I (CHLD0064)*
- Computational Biology for Personalised Medicine (CHLD0090)
- Novel Therapies: From Concept to Clinical Translation (CHLD0091)
- Personalised Medicine (CHLD0092)
- Research Project (CHLD0036)
*Research Methodology and Statistics is not a compulsory module for the PG Certificate
- Molecular Aspects of Cell and Gene Therapy (CHLD0034)
- Stem Cells and Tissue Repair (CHLD0035)
- Molecular and Clinical Aspects of Childhood Cancers (CHLD0071)
- Clinical Genomics Genetic and Rare Diseases (CHLD0066)
- Clinical Applications of Cell and Gene Therapy (CHLD0032)
Students may select either Clinical Applications of Cell and Gene Therapy (CHLD0032), or Molecular Aspects of Cell and Gene Therapy (CHLD0034), but not both.
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.