This Master's degree provides you with an in-depth knowledge of the theory and practical skills of clinical paediatrics, including pathology, diagnosis and management.
We are sorry but this programme is not accepting applications for 2023/24 entry.
Module information is available via the links below.
The programme consists of eight compulsory modules, four optional modules, a dissertation report, and a case-based portfolio.
- Evidence-based Child Health (CHLD0083)
- Applied Statistics for Health Research I (CHLD0064)
- Specialist Paediatrics I (CHLD0067)
- Specialist Paediatrics II (CHLD0068)
- Research Project Report (CHLD0063)
- Clinical Practice: Acute Paediatrics (CHLD0073)
- Clinical Practice: Chronic Paediatric Conditions (CHLD0074)
- Clinical Practice: Health Service Structure and Specialised Services (CHLD0075)
Students choose four modules in year one.
- Molecular Biology of Normal Development and Birth Defects (CHLD0070)
- Epidemiology for Child Health (CHLD0058)
- Child Public Health (CHLD0061)
- Immunisation and Communicable Diseases (CHLD0059)
- Leadership and Professional Development (CHLD0065)
- Nutrition, Growth and Physical Activity (CHLD0062)
- Safeguarding and Children in Society (CHLD0060)
- Paediatric Critical Care (General) (CHLD0079)
- Cardiac Critical Care (CHLD0081)
- Stabilisation and Transport of the Critically Ill Child (CHLD0080)
- Adolescent Health Medicine (CHLD0072)
- Molecular and Clinical Aspects of Childhood Cancers (CHLD0071)
- Paediatric Pain: Mechanisms and Management (CHLD0078)
Please note that the list of modules given here is indicative. This information is published a long time in advance of enrolment and module content and availability is subject to change.