Our degree in Paediatrics and Child Health is the longest running MSc of its kind in London
The programme is continually updated and improved through student feedback in order to meet the changing demands of the the health profession and academia. We offer unique flexibility to tailor the programme to your own interests, with over 30 optional modules to choose from.
We offer five pathways in Paediatrics and Child Health, each of which can by taken as an MSc or PG Dip:
- Advanced Paediatrics (AP)
- Community Child Health (CCH)
- Global Child Health (GCH)
- Molecular and Genomic Paediatrics (MGP)
- Intensive Care (IC)
- Paediatrics Critical care; Cardiac Critical Care; Stabilisation and Transport of the Critically Ill Child; Neonatal Intensive Care
- Child Public Health; Adolescent Health Medicine; Safeguarding and Children in Society; Immunisation and Communicable Diseases
Core teaching takes place at UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health in close collaboration with colleagues from Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, with lectures from national and international experts across most clinical and research areas.
Funding opportunities - scholarships and bursaries
You can find more information about funding opportunities for our degree programmes here: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/child-health/study/funding-and-studentships/postgr...
Short courses and taster days
A short course or taster day is a great way to decide whether you want to pursue further study. Examples in Paediatrics and Child Health are:
- Our programmes
Master's of Science (MSc)
Our Master's in Paediatrics and Child Health is the longest running one of its kind in London, continually improved by student feedback and changing demands within the Health Service and Academic sectors.
The MSc programme consists of 8 modules (120 credits) and the research dissertation (60 credits); uniquely, it can be taken as a 1 year full-time course or as flexible/modular study for up to 5 years.
Postgraduate Diploma (PG Dip)
This programme consists of 8 modules totalling 120 credits including 4 core modules (60 credits) and 4 optional modules (60 credits). This can be taken as a 1 year full-time course or as flexible/modular study for up to 5 years.
Visit the pathways pages above to find out more details about each programme.
Across all of our Paediatrics and Child Health programmes, our aim is to:
- broaden and consolidate your knowledge of paediatrics and child health
- compliment higher professional training and examinations for paediatricians
- teach new skills and explore new areas in paediatrics for associated professionals
- promote multidisciplinary understanding and team work
- make you research-aware at each degree level, with deeper learning at MSc because of the unique opportunity to conduct primary studies supported by UCL's research infrastructure and publish your work
- prepare you to be a leader of tomorrow with high-level organisational and management skills plus the ability to incorporate research and evidence-based practice into health services for children