The UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health (ICH) and Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH) form the largest paediatric research and teaching centre in the UK. Together, we carry out research into the causes and treatments of childhood illnesses and offer training courses and programmes for postgraduate medical and other professional staff with interests in child health and welfare.
We offer a comprehensive programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses for hospital and community-based paediatricians, and those working in related disciplines, including physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, dieticians, psychologists and nurse specialists.
Many of the courses and conferences are multidisciplinary in approach, providing an ideal forum for discussion and exchange of information in the treatment and management of a diverse range of conditions. Attending our events will ensure that you keep up-to-date and informed about the latest developments in paediatric medicine.
Events Management support is available from the ICH Events team. The team has been running successful conferences for the past 15 years and will be able to support online and face-to-face events; general support includes:
- Prepare marketing literature if required.
- Help with the advertising and promotion of the short course, contacting websites and/or organisations provided by the Course Director.
- Manage online bookings.
- Create an events page on https://www.ucl.ac.uk/child-health/events
- Arrange for CPD accreditation by the College or Society chosen by Course Director if required.
- Send out pre-course information to delegates of the timetable, location and directions as necessary.
- Provide a budget for the short course, which will be managed by an Event Coordinator.
- Keep track of income and expenditure, collect delegates’ registration fees and handle suppliers’ invoices.
Online Management Service
Courses delivered online will be run using MS Teams or Zoom; ICH Events will provide administrative support:
- ICH Events will set-up the dry runs with course directors and speakers (if necessary) to ensure all parties know how to share screen, documents and videos.
- ICH Events will set-up the meeting invite with relevant joining information; this invite will be sent to all attendees.
- A member of staff will be available to answer any administrative related queries (i.e. receipts of payment, certificates, accessing course material, etc.).
Post Event Management Services
- Collect and process feedback from delegates; data will be sent to Course Director within two weeks of the event.
- Issue Certificates of Attendance.
- Reconcile the course account with ICH Finance; a summary of I&E can be provided to course directors once reconciliation is completed and signed off.