Optimising engagement and outcomes for patients with Functional/Medically Unexplained Symptoms
11 September 2020, 8:30 am–2:00 pm
This is the 2nd London International One Day Conference on clinical aspects of Functional Symptom Disorders- following the success of our 1st conference in 2018. In 2020 we want to focus especially on aspects of communication and engagement which contribute to successful outcomes, and on the current evidence-base for effective intervention.
This conference will be delivered on Zoom.
- Who should attend
Clinicians from a range of disciplines (including child and adolescent mental health, general practice and paediatrics).
- What topics will be covered?
- Updates from the current evidence base
- Service design and care pathways
- Working across disciplines with schools
- Case example and treatment challenges
- Hear from world-experts on service organisation and policy for functional symptom disorders
- International principle investigators report emerging evidence from the most recent clinical trials for functional symptom treatment in children and adults
- Detailed, interactive skills-based workshop on ‘what to say’ and ‘what not to say’ to patients with functional symptoms – video sessions
- Meet young people and their families – video and live discussions with the families that use our services for functional symptom disorders
- Professor Trudie Chalder, King's College London, London
- Professor Mark Edwards, St George's, University of London, London
- Dr Maria Hadji-Michael, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Professor Mari Kangas, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Professor Isobel Heyman, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Dr Eve McAllister, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London
- Professor Judith Rosmalen, University of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands
- Professor Michael Sharpe, Professor of Psychological Medicine, University of Oxford, Oxford
- Fees and Registration
Early Bird Fee (Expires on 31/07/2020)
Standard Fee (After 31/07/2020)
GPs Health Education England have agreed to fund places for the first 50 GPs to register. Please note the GP places have now all been filled for the conference.
All delegates must register and pay on-line in advance of the course; the place is confirmed once the payment is processed successfully.
Bookings are made via our online system in advance of the course; our online payment system accepts VISA, MasterCard, VISA debit, VISA electron and Maestro.
We regret that we are no longer able to invoice NHS Trusts or other organisations. Our on-line booking system will issue an automatic receipt for your card payment so that you can reclaim from your organisation if appropriate.
For booking enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.