Update on Child Speech Disorders: Diagnosis and Treatments
9:30 am to 5:00 pm, 17 September 2019
17 September 2019 This one day course will present both an overview and recent discoveries in the field of childhood speech disorders. The overall aim is to improve clinical knowledge and management of children with speech sound disorders. We also tackle the latest neuroscientific evidence and translate findings for a clinical audience.
- All | UCL students
ICH Events+44 (0) 207 905 2699
Leolin Price Lecture Theatre30 Guilford streetLondonWC1N 1EH
Why should you attend?
This one day course will present both an overview and recent discoveries in the field of childhood speech disorders.
The overall aim is to improve clinical knowledge and management of children with speech sound disorders. We also tackle the latest neuroscientific evidence and translate findings for a clinical audience.
Specifically, the course will address:
- assessment and diagnosis of child speech disorders across articulation, phonology, dysarthria and childhood apraxia of speech.
- findings on the neural and genetic bases of these conditions
There will be a practical session and discussion around clinical case presentations.
Who should attend:
- Speech therapy students/graduates
- Speech and language therapists interested in a refresher on the latest research evidence
Level: Beginner to intermediate, but specialists welcome.
- Differential diagnosis of child speech disorders
- Brain and genetic bases of child speech disorders
- Treatments of child speech disorders
What you will learn by the end of the course:
- you will have a sound protocol to support your assessment and differential diagnosis of child speech disorder sub-types.
- You will have learned the latest evidence on how these disorders occur
- You will have learned the best treatment approaches for managing each of the speech disorder subtypes
Dr Frederique Liegeois
Lecturer - ICH Developmental Neurosciences Prog
UCL GOS Institute of Child Health, London
£70 UCL Student Standard
£120 All others Standard
Payment: We regret that we are no longer able to invoice NHS Trusts or other organisations. Our on-line booking system will issue an automatic receipt for your card payment so that you can reclaim from your organisation if appropriate.
Contact for booking enquiries email@example.com
Cancellations must be received in writing at least two weeks before the start of the event and will be subject to an administration charge of 20% of the course fee. It is regretted that no refunds will be made within two weeks of the course date.
ICH Events reserves the right to cancel any conference it deems necessary and will, in such event, make a full refund of the registration fee only. ICH Events will not be liable for any additional incurred costs (including but not limited to travel, accommodation, visa, etc.).
No liability is assumed by ICH Events for changes in programme date, content, speakers or venue.
Any refund will be made by us to you within 30 days of your cancellation and be paid to you in the same way as you paid for your order.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact ICH Events by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 207 905 2699.