Introduction to R
10:00 am to 4:30 pm, 28 May 2019
This course aims to familiarise participants with the R interface and the R language, in order to enable them to conduct statistical analysis; from reading in their datasets to performing mainstream statistical tests.
Centre for Applied Statistics Courses
There are no dates currently advertised for this course. Sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear of any updates:
This course is aimed at researchers who want to learn how to use the statistical software R to conduct statistical analysis. Delegates will be expected to have a basic understanding of common statistical tests and concepts as these will not be taught during this workshop (taught on our 5 day course - Introduction to Statistics and Research Methods). The topics covered using R will include:
- Introduction to the R platform and interface
- Introduction to basic scripting commands
- Input of data sets
- Summary measures
- Graphical displays
- Statistical tests (t-test)
- Add-ons and packages in R
- Help in R
Delegates are welcome to bring their own laptops and access to the UCL Guest network will also be provided. Everyone wishing to bring their own computer should ensure R and Rstudio is installed before attending (installation guidelines will be made available two weeks before the course).
External Delegates (Non UCL) £200.00 UCL Staff, Students, Alumni (incl. ICH/GOSH) £100.00 *
* Valid UCL email address and/or UCL alumni number required upon registration. Please note, this category does not include hospital staff unless you hold an official contract with the university.
Prices include printed course materials, refreshments and lunch from 12.45-1.45pm.
Please note that no refunds will be given for cancellations made within five working days of the course start date or for non-attendance. This is needed to cover printing, catering, etc. costs that are ordered no later than 5 days before the course.
- Future Dates (10.00am-4.30pm)
- There are currently no dates scheduled for this course. If you would like to be notified of any updates, please sign up to our mailing list
- Future Dates (evening)
- There are currently no evening dates scheduled for this course. If you would like to be notified of any updates, please sign up to our mailing list
"Fantastic course, thank you!"
"Very informative and useful, was pitched correctly for my level of knowledge. Tutors were very helpful and knowledgeable. Overall a good experience"
"Overall, the course was excellent."
"This is one of the best organised and executed courses I have ever attended"
"Very well organised and presented. Thank you"