Advancing Practice in Hypermobility
8:30 am to 5:00 pm, 18 May 2019
18 May 2019 This one day masterclass, led by a team of nationally and internationally recognised specialists and researchers, aims to advance practice in the assessment and management of children and adults with Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD), Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS) and common comorbidities.
ICH Events+44 (0) 207 905 2699
Leolin Price Lecture TheatreUCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health30 Guilford StreetLondonWC1N 1EHUnited Kingdom
By the end of the course you will:
- Have knowledge and understanding of hypermobility related problems in children and adults
- Be able to apply advanced clinical reasoning skills in the assessment and management of HSD and hEDS in the context of the evolving evidence base and contemporary theory
- Justify and apply client centred strategies and techniques to manage pain, fatigue, motivate and facilitate behaviour change in patients with HSD and hEDS
- Select suitable outcome measures aligned to the International Classification of Functioning Framework
- Consider service developments for the private and public health sector
This course is suitable for:
Medical, health and registered exercise professionals who wish to gain further knowledge and advance their practice in the assessment and management children and adults with Hypermobility Spectrum Disorders (HSD) and Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (hEDS) and common comorbidities.
- Dr Jane Simmonds ProfD, MA, MCSP MMACP, Principal Teaching Fellow, Researcher and Physiotherapist, UCL GOS Institute of Child Health, London Hypermobility Unit
- Dr Caroline Alexander Phd, MSc MCSP MMACP, Adjunct Reader; Imperial College London, Lead Clinical Academic for Therapies; Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Professor Qasim Aziz PhD, FRCP, Professor of Neurogastroenterology, Queen Mary University of London
- Associate Professor Alan Hakim MA FRCP, Consultant Rheumatologist and Physician, London Hypermobility Unit, Penn State University, USA, Director of Education EDS Society
- Professor Lesley Kavi, General Practitioner NHS and Chair of PoTS UK
- Dr Hanna Kazkaz MD, MSc, Lead Rheumatologist, Hypermobility Unit, University College London Hospital, London
- Dr Ann McCarthy PhD, MSc MCSP, Physiotherapist and Researcher, London Hypermobility Unit, Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust
- Professor Shea Palmer PhD, BSc (Hons) MCSP, Professor of Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, University of the West of England, Bristol (UWE)
- Mr Jason Perry MCSP BA, BSc, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, University College London Hospital and London Hypermobility Unit, London
- Associate Professor Leslie Russek DPT, PhD, OCS, Physical Therapist and Researcher, Clarkson University, USA
- Dr Chad Shepherd BSc. (Hons.), D. Clin. Psych., CPsychol, Chartered Clinical Psychologist, NHS Kingston Wellbeing IAPT and Integrated Health Clinic, London
- Dr Inge de Wandele PhD, PT, MT, Physiotherapist and Research Fellow, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
£125 Early bird (book by 31 March 2019)
Payment: We regret that we are no longer able to invoice NHS Trusts or other organisations. Our on-line booking system will issue an automatic receipt for your card payment so that you can reclaim from your organisation if appropriate.
Contact for booking enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations must be received in writing at least two weeks before the start of the event and will be subject to an administration charge of 20% of the course fee. It is regretted that no refunds will be made within two weeks of the course date.
ICH Events reserves the right to cancel any conference it deems necessary and will, in such event, make a full refund of the registration fee only. ICH Events will not be liable for any additional incurred costs (including but not limited to travel, accommodation, visa, etc.).
No liability is assumed by ICH Events for changes in programme date, content, speakers or venue.
Any refund will be made by us to you within 30 days of your cancellation and be paid to you in the same way as you paid for your order.
For sponsorship opportunities please contact ICH Events by email at email@example.com or call +44 (0) 207 905 2699.