5th European Transoesophageal Echocardiography Course on Congenital Heart Disease
8:30 am, 28 March 2019 to 5:00 pm, 29 March 2019
28 - 29 March 2019 This is the fifth dedicated course on transoesophageal echocardiography (TOE) on congenital heart disease providing the participant with the essential theoretical basics, morphological aspects of common lesions in congenital heart disease as well as practical aspects of TOE in children and adults with congenital heart disease. This two-day programme is designed to take registrants from the basics of normal hearts and simple congenital heart disease to a hands-on imaging workshop in the afternoon.
- Sold out
Leolin Price Lecture TheatreUCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health30 Guilford StreetLondonWC1N 1EHUnited Kingdom
Why you should attend:
The two-day course will provide hands-on TOE simulator experience with particular focus on congenital lesions frequently encountered in clinical practice. All practical sessions will be directly supervised by experienced TOE operators in this field. Participants will have opportunities to discuss challenging cases with instructors individually.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at clinical staff working in the field of paediatric or adult congenital heart disease. Whether you are working in paediatric cardiology, cardiac theatres, interventional angiography suites, echocardiography laboratories or specialising in grown-up congenital heart disease this course will expand your knowledge, experience and refresh your TOE practice in patients with congenital heart disease.
What will you learn?
- By the end of this course participants will have a good understanding of the physics involved in transoesophageal echocardiography (TOE) and understand indications and limitations of TOE in children and adults with congenital heart disease
- Side-by-side comparison of cardiac morphology and TOE will enable delegates to appreciate the complexity in congenital heart disease and how to apply this in clinical TOE practice.
- Delegates will gain an overview of current advances in TOE imaging modalities and new emerging roles for TOE in congenital heart disease.
- Participants will have learnt about the challenges in imaging complex patients through case-based discussions with experts in the field and will have gained further insight into TOE guided device closures of challenging cases with congenital heart disease.
- Delegates will gain confidence in operating TOE probes safely and succinctly under expert supervision using hands-on TOE simulator training sessions, which will prepare them for the clinical use of TOE in children and adults with congenital heart disease.
- Professor Jan Marek, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, London
- Professor Luc Mertens, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
- Dr Folkert Meijboom, UMC Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Early Bird: £490 (until 07/01/2019)
Standard: £560 (after 07/01/2019)
This event is now fully booked. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list.
Payment: We regret that we are no longer able to invoice NHS Trusts or other organisations. Our on-line booking system will issue an automatic receipt for your card payment so that you can reclaim from your organisation if appropriate.
Contact for booking enquiries email@example.com
With thanks to our sponsors for their support of the course:
For sponsorship opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.