How to join the Library?
- GOSH staff
Library memership is avaiable online https://www.ucl.ac.uk/library/membership/nhs-library-membership
- GOSH staff with honorary contract
GOSH staff with a UCL Honorary Contract are eligible to access the full range of UCL’s electronic library resources, including electronic journals, both on and off-site. Information about how to obtain an Honorary Contract is available on the SLMS website(under the heading ‘Honorary Appointments’).
Correspondence relating to Honorary Contracts should be addressed to Human Resources (GOS ICH):
020 7905 2624
You will also need to collect a UCL ID card (to use your library account and for physical library access). This can be collected from UCL Security Systems, Andrew Huxley Building between 9.00 – 16.45:
020 7905 2630
Once confirmation of a UCL Honorary Contract is received, you should contact UCL’s Information Services Division to get an ISD computing account
- Staff and students from UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health or from UCL Institute for Global Health
UCL staff and students are automatically registered for the Library.
Staff and students must:
1)Be properly registered with the appropriate central body (e.g. Registry for students, UCL HR for staff)
2) Have obtained a valid UCL ID card from UCL Security Services
3) Bring their valid UCL ID each time they visit
- Other UCL and non-UCL users, including visitors to UCL departments and short course or taster students
Full membership of the UCL GOS ICH Library is open to all UCL degree-level students and full contract staff.
Further information about how to join the Library, including information for visitors, is available on the UCL Library Services Membership Services webpage.