The Chemistry Department at UCL offers an exciting and vibrant environment in which to study in one of the World's top universities.
We offer an excellent education with high standards of teaching in an exciting but friendly environment. We foster a community feel to the department at all times and you will mix throughout your time here with staff, postgraduate students and researchers.
- We have a relatively small undergraduate intake of about 140 students per year whilst we have over 50 staff: a very low student/staff ratio.
- Contact hours are high including; three tutorials a week in the key first and second years.
- Our teaching is informed by research at every level. So from year one you will be encouraged to engage with researchers in the department.
- The MSci course research project accounts for half of your study in the final year.
- We offer a highly flexible degree programme and encourage you to maintain interests in other related field through:
- optional courses in each year of study
- structured Chemistry with... programmes in Maths and in Management
- specialised programmes in Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Physics
All of our undergraduate courses except MSci/BSc Chemical Physics are accredited by the RSC.
" Enjoyable and engaging practical assignments, I always felt supported and lecturers responded to questions about the subject matter promptly and in-depth.
" The lab experience is amazing, I really enjoyed my research group.
" Staff are extremely engaging and clearly passionate about their subjects.
" The course has given me a range of knowledge, I have become more confident and improved my public speaking.