Dr Federico Galvanin
Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering
Dept of Chemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Science
- Joined UCL
- 1st Jan 2014
Galvanin's research interests lie at the interface between mathematical modelling and experimentation. The research activity is particularly focused on the use of advanced computational tools for the development of predictive models for the characterisation of complex systems in both chemistry and physiology.
Dr. Galvanin has a specific expertise in the following areas:
- Optimal experimental design for model identification
- Kinetic modelling, chemical reactor modelling
- Pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics modeling
- Modeling of physiological systems
- Machine learning-assisted model identification
The current research activity is primarily focused on the optimal design of experiments for i) the identification of kinetic models in microreactor platforms; ii) the development of pharmacokinetic models for the detailed study of physiological systems.
Dr Galvanin's departmental teaching activities are mainly in the areas of process design and simulation of chemical processes. Below are the modules he is currently involved in teaching.
- CENG0025 Process Systems Modelling and Design
- CENG0017 Process Dynamics and Control
- University College London
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), ATQ03 - Recognised by the HEA as a Fellow | 2018