An innovative 2.5 day, in-person course for business professionals interested in applying cutting-edge behavioural science to real world problems.
When? 31 Oct - 2 Nov 2022
The course is taught over two and a half days:
- Monday 31st October (13:30-17:00)
- Tuesday 1st November (09:30-17:00)
- Wednesday 2nd November (09:30-17:00)
The Influence course will be hosted at the British Medical Association (WC1H 9JP), a prestigious and historic venue offering a beautiful backdrop in the heart of London.
The course offers a challenging and immersive learning experience, where you will be taught by UCL’s world-leading behavioural scientists. Combining lectures, case studies and group work, we will show you how to apply key insights to everyday contexts and problems in your organisation.
The course covers:
- The power and limits of social influence
- The rules of social relationships and why brands and organisations need to follow them
- How to make better group decisions
- Getting to grips with neuromarketing
- Why everyone is biased and what you can do about it
- Arm yourself with cutting-edge insights from experts in social and behavioural science
- Discover how people perceive other people, and how these processes influence decision-making
- Spot the difference between neuroscience and neurobollocks
- Help your organisation to thrive by implementing the rules of relationships
- Detect and disrupt bias within your organisation
- Build your collaborative network with contemporaries from diverse sectors
Who's it for?
This course is aimed at people who:
- Occupy consumer-facing roles
- Design behaviour-change interventions, including policy makers
- Work in advertising and brand-management
- Work in performance management, including human resources
All candidates are required to have held a senior / managerial role for a minimum of 3 years.
Day 1 Introduction
- Meet your instructors and colleagues
- Introduction to social influence
- Participate in live experiments
Day 2 Influence
- How to influence others
- Make better group decisions
- Neuromarketing: Fact versus fiction
Day 3 Relationships
- Rules of social relationships
- Avoid the pitfalls of the blame game
- Why we are all biased and what can you do about it
Early Bird Fees: £4,500 (deadline: 30th September)
Standard Fees: £4,999 (deadline: 28th October)
Group bookings of 5+: £4,249 (deadline: 28th October)
Limited spaces: Maximum of 20 places
- Fees include:
- 2.5 days of live, interactive classes, lectures and focussed group work
- Study materials
- Lunch & refreshments
- Networking evening with drinks and canapés reception
- Workshop dinner
- Options to pay:
- You can pay via the UCL Online Store using a credit / debit card.
- You can request an invoice. Please email Pia Horbacki if you require a purchase order number to be added to the invoice. Fees must be paid by the 28th October.
- Refund Policy:
- A full refund is available providing you cancel in writing more than 42 days before the start of the course.
- A refund of 80% is available providing you cancel in writing between 41 and 15 days to the start of the event.
- If there are 14 days or less to the start of the event you are still able to cancel in writing. No refund is available for cancellations made after 16th October.