UK Neuromuscular Translational Research Conference 2021 (online event)
25 and 26 March 2021
2021 will see our conference move online for the first time.
Attracting in excess of 200 basic scientists and clinical scientists involved in neuromuscular disease research, this event is designed as a scientific meeting to promote and share cutting edge clinical and scientific advances in the neuromuscular field, and to encourage new research and collaborations. The event will include invited guest lectures with Q&A, research posters, and flash presentations from early career scientists.
Programme will include:
- "Developing Therapies in neuropathies”. Dr Charlotte Sumner, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- "Intrathecal AAV for Giant Axonal Neuropathy: lessons learned” Carsten Bönnemann, M.D. NIH, USA
- "RNA therapeutics for neuromuscular and neurological conditions” Professor Adrian Krainer, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, USA
- "Spinal Muscular Atrophy : A lethal disorder that is disappearing for 3 years (in Southern Belgium)” Prof Laurent Servais, Oxford University
- "New therapies in ALS" Professor Dame Pamela Shaw, Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience (SITraN)
- "The origins of mtDNA mutations: implications for neuromuscular disease" Professor Patrick Chinnery, Cambridge University, UK
"Gene Modifiers" Elizabeth McNally, M.D, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Poster and Platform presentations
Registration: Link to registration page
This event is open at no cost to delegates who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Employed in clinical practice, post-graduate study or post-graduate research in the field of biomedicine in i) the NHS or equivalent overseas health service, or ii) in a UK or overseas higher education research environment
After you have submitted your registration, we may ask you for evidence that you meet the above criteria. If we are unable to establish that you meet the criteria above, we reserve the right to cancel your free registration and not provide you with a log-in to the event
Call for Abstracts:
The Neuromuscular Translational Research Conference welcomes the submission of abstracts relating to neuromuscular diseases. Accepted abstracts will be selected for either oral platform, oral flash poster, or poster presentations.
Deadline Friday 15th January 2021 12 Noon UK time, or on receipt of first 100 abstracts, whichever is earlier (there will no extensions)
Sponsorship: If you represent an organisation wishing to sponsor this event, please contact our event partner at Muscular Dystrophy UK, Debbie Hoods: D.firstname.lastname@example.org