14th UK Neuromuscular Translational Research Conference 2021 (online event)
25 and 26 March 2021
2021 saw our conference move online for the first time.
Attracting in excess of 300 basic scientists and clinical scientists involved in neuromuscular disease research, the event is designed as a scientific meeting to promote and share cutting edge clinical and scientific advances in the neuromuscular field, and to encourage new research and collaborations. The event included invited guest lectures with Q&A, research posters, and flash presentations from early career scientists.
- "Window for optimal therapeutic intervention in SMA”. Dr Charlotte Sumner, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
- "Intrathecal AAV for Giant Axonal Neuropathy: lessons learned” Carsten Bönnemann, M.D. NIH, USA
- "RNA antisense therapeutics for neuromuscular and neurological conditions” Professor Adrian Krainer, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York, USA
- "Spinal Muscular Atrophy : A lethal disorder that is disappearing for 3 years (in Southern Belgium)” Prof Laurent Servais, Oxford University
- "New therapies in ALS" Professor Dame Pamela Shaw, Sheffield Institute for Translational Neuroscience (SITraN)
- "The origins of mtDNA mutations: implications for neuromuscular disease" Professor Patrick Chinnery, Cambridge University, UK
"Modifying Muscular Dystrophy" Elizabeth McNally, M.D, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Poster and Platform presentations
Sponsorship: We would like to thank our event sponsors for 2021:
Sponsors have had no input into the content or agenda of this event