News & Events
- CenTraS Seminars: Stylistics and the Study of Translated Online News
- CenTraS Seminars: User-Generated Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Reading Minds: Interaction Shifts in Translated Mental-Health Leaflets
- CenTras Seminars: Face Management and Audience Response in Subtitling
- CenTraS Seminars: Translators' Revision Processes
- CenTraS Seminars: Theoretical Issues Chinese/ English Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Gayspeak and Gay Subjects in Audiovisual Translation: Strategies in Italian Dubbing
- CenTraS Seminars: Marketing Translated Literature: Translation As Armchair Travelling
- CenTraS Seminars: Machine Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: The Challenge of Video Game Localisation
- IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series
- CenTraS Seminars: Translation at the cross-roads; time for the transcreational turn?
- CenTraS Seminars: Queer affective translations in activist movements. Speaker: Michela Baldo
- CenTraS Seminars: Film musicals in translation: textual choices for the song episodes
- CenTraS Seminars: Towards a micro-history of translators and translation. Speaker: Prof. Jeremy Munday
- CenTraS Seminars: Corpora in Translation Practice
- CenTras Seminars: The art of譯（yì）
- CenTraS Seminars: The language of interlingual subtitles
- Trommons Conference '14: Language for the rest of us.
- Dr Jorge Díaz-Cintas receives an award
- Dr Victoria Solomonidis on Radio 4
- Je suis Saleem. Solidarity, Translation and Postcolonial Literature in Polish
- Between the Covers
- Can translation help eradicate poverty?
- Audiovisual Translation in the Digital Age - The Italian Fansubbing Phenomenon
- Global cover versions: translations and linguistic remakes of popular songs
- "Keep your distance?” Video-mediated interpreting – state of the art and future prospects
- Subtitling for the deaf and the hard-of-hearing
- Linguistic and Cultural Representation in Audiovisual Translation Conference
- Christina Schäffner, Professor Emeritus – Aston University, Birmingham
- Translation and minute-writing in an international scientific research organisation
- Video-Game Localisation Professionals: Training the “Bridge” between Markets
- Translating Taboos in Audiovisuals
- The Threat of Technology to the Profession of Translating
- Beyond Flanders Fields: The Great War in Belgium and the Netherlands
- V International Conference Translating Voices Translating Regions
- What Is Eco-Translation?
The fundamental idea of eco-translation – and of eco-translatology as the study of translation from an ecological perspective – is that translators and translations form part of larger system of interdependencies that can be investigated in terms of an eco-system. More...
Published: Oct 21, 2016 3:44:47 PM
Published: Jun 1, 2016 2:10:19 PM
Queen Mary University of London, with the support of University College London (Dr Christophe Declercq of CenTraS), will host a conference to further explore aspects of the First World War: Beyond Flanders Fields. More...
Published: May 27, 2016 5:24:57 PM
IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series
Publication date: Jul 15, 2014 01:24 PM
Start: Oct 03, 2014 12:00 AM
*** NEW Venue *** University College London, UK
Dates: 3 –4 October 2014
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED.
2 October 2014: Registration closes
10 September 2014: Submission of papers (notes or/and PowerPoint)