News & Events
- CenTraS Seminars: Stylistics and the Study of Translated Online News
- CenTraS Seminars: User-Generated Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Reading Minds: Interaction Shifts in Translated Mental-Health Leaflets
- CenTras Seminars: Face Management and Audience Response in Subtitling
- CenTraS Seminars: Translators' Revision Processes
- CenTraS Seminars: Theoretical Issues Chinese/ English Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: Gayspeak and Gay Subjects in Audiovisual Translation: Strategies in Italian Dubbing
- CenTraS Seminars: Marketing Translated Literature: Translation As Armchair Travelling
- CenTraS Seminars: Machine Translation
- CenTraS Seminars: The Challenge of Video Game Localisation
- IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series
- CenTraS Seminars: Translation at the cross-roads; time for the transcreational turn?
- CenTraS Seminars: Queer affective translations in activist movements. Speaker: Michela Baldo
- CenTraS Seminars: Film musicals in translation: textual choices for the song episodes
- CenTraS Seminars: Towards a micro-history of translators and translation. Speaker: Prof. Jeremy Munday
- CenTraS Seminars: Corpora in Translation Practice
- CenTras Seminars: The art of譯（yì）
- CenTraS Seminars: The language of interlingual subtitles
- Trommons Conference '14: Language for the rest of us.
- Dr Jorge Díaz-Cintas receives an award
- Dr Victoria Solomonidis on Radio 4
- Je suis Saleem. Solidarity, Translation and Postcolonial Literature in Polish
- Between the Covers
- Can translation help eradicate poverty?
- Audiovisual Translation in the Digital Age - The Italian Fansubbing Phenomenon
- Global cover versions: translations and linguistic remakes of popular songs
- "Keep your distance?” Video-mediated interpreting – state of the art and future prospects
- Subtitling for the deaf and the hard-of-hearing
- Linguistic and Cultural Representation in Audiovisual Translation Conference
- Christina Schäffner, Professor Emeritus – Aston University, Birmingham
- Translation and minute-writing in an international scientific research organisation
- Video-Game Localisation Professionals: Training the “Bridge” between Markets
- Translating Taboos in Audiovisuals
- The Threat of Technology to the Profession of Translating
Mr Andy Walker, Senior Lecturer in TranslationTechnology at the University of Roehampton will give a talk for CenTraS on the threat of technology to the profession of translating. More...
Published: May 17, 2016 12:11:00 PM
Visiting academic from the University of Bologna, Dr Chiara Bucaria, will give a talk on Audiovisual Translation for CenTraS, with the support of the Erasmus Teaching Mobility programme. More...
Published: May 9, 2016 11:06:00 AM
Video games have been around for 70 years and, during this time, the video game industry has evolved and reached limits that not even the creators of the first game could have imagined, but also it has moved masses of fans and it has unleashed passions only compared to those risen with the most-followed sport in the world: football. More...
Published: Apr 27, 2016 1:02:00 PM
IV International Conference Translating Voices, Translating Regions, Conference Series
Publication date: Jul 15, 2014 01:24 PM
Start: Oct 03, 2014 12:00 AM
*** NEW Venue *** University College London, UK
Dates: 3 –4 October 2014
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED.
2 October 2014: Registration closes
10 September 2014: Submission of papers (notes or/and PowerPoint)