All Seminars are held in the Gavin De Beer Lecture Theatre, Anatomy Building, Thursday 1-2pm
5 March: András Szabó (Mayor lab) / Pedro Pereira (Henriques’ lab)
12 March: Jose Gomez (Jessen lab)/Sara Maffioletti (Tedesco lab)
26 March: Lizzie Yates (Patel lab) / Melissa Barber (Parnavelas lab)
9 April: Zeki lab –TBC/ Francis Carpenter (Caswell Barry lab)
23 April: Florent Peglion (Nate Guring lab)/Michele Sammut (Barrios lab, now in Poole lab)
Dr Stephen Price
Stephen Price is a Reader in Developmental Neurobiology. He is the co-organiser of the MSc in Neuroscience degree of the Faculty of Life Sciences. He contributes to the teaching on this degree as well as to second and third year undergraduate degrees.
The Price group’s research interest is in how specificity is imparted to the formation of neuronal assemblies in the developing central nervous system. To address this research question, they focus on neuronal nucleus formation in the developing spinal cord and hindbrain. Currently, their focus is on a role for the cadherin family of cell adhesion molecules in directing specificity of cell interactions. However, they are also studying the roles of several other gene families.
1992 BA, Natural Sciences, Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge University
1997 PhD, Biology (B) MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cambridge
2000 Research Associate, Columbia University
2003 Helen Hay Whitney Fellow, Columbia University
- Price, S. R., Ito, N., Oubridge, C., Avis, J. M., and Nagai, K. Crystallization of RNA-protein complexes. I. Methods for the large-scale preparation of RNA suitable for crystallographic studies. J Mol Biol 1995; 249, 398-408
- Price, S. R., Evans, P. R., and Nagai, K. Crystal structure of the spliceosomal U2B”-U2A’ protein complex bound to a fragment of U2 small nuclear RNA. Nature 1998; 394, 645-650.
- Price, S. R., DeMarco-Garcia N. V., Ranscht, B. and Jessell, T. M. Regulation of Motor Neuron Pool Sorting By Differential Expression of Type II Cadherins. Cell 2002; 109, 205-216
- Livet J., Sigrist M., Stroebel S., De Paola V., Price S.R., Henderson C.E., Jessell T.M. and Arber S. ETS Gene PEA3 Controls the Central Position and Terminal Arborization of Specific Motor Neuron Pools. Neuron 2002; 35, 877-892
- Patel, S. D., Ciatto, C., Chen, C. P., Bahna, F., Rajebhosale, M., Arkus, N., Schieren, I., Jessell, T. M. Honig, B., #Price, S. R., and Shapiro, L. Crystal structures of type II cadherin ectodomains: Implications for the functional specificity of classical cadherins. Cell 2006; 124, 1255-1268
# Corresponding author
- Invited reviews and
Price, S. R. and Nagai K Protein engineering as a tool for crystallography. Curr Opin Biotechnol 1995; 6, 425-430
- Price, S., and Nagai K Secrets of RNA folding revealed. Structure 1996; 4, 1129-1132
- Price, S. R., Oubridge, C., Varani, G., and Nagai, K. Preparation of RNA:protein complexes for X-ray crystallography and NMR. In Smith C. W. R. ed RNA-protein interactions: A practical approach Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK. 1998, 30-68
- #Price, S. R. In Vivo Electroporation of Neurons. In Juste and Konnarth eds Imaging in Neuroscience and Development: A Laboratory Manual 2004; Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, USA.
- #Price, S. R. and Briscoe, J. The generation and diversification of spinal motor neurons: signals and responses. Mechanisms of Development. 2004; 121, 1103-1115
- Salinas, P. C. and #Price, S. R. Cadherins and Catenins in Synapse Development. Curr Opin Neurobiology. 2005; 15, 73-80
Page last modified on 02 oct 13 11:38 by Edward D Whitfield