All Seminars are held in the Gavin De Beer Lecture Theatre, Anatomy Building, Thursday 1-2pm (unless otherwise stated)
Monday July 6th - GDB, 1pm
Prof. Miguel Concha (University of Chile, Santiago)
Title: "Migrational coupling to extra-embryonic tissue expansion drives epiboly of embryonic cells in annual killifish"
Host: Dr Rich Poole
Thursday 9 July: midday-2.40pm
Host: Yoshiyuki Yamamoto
Room 249, 2nd Floor, Medical Sciences Building, Gower Street
Steele-Stallard: “Human iPS cell-based platforms for disease modelling and
therapy screening for laminopathies”
This page contains information for CDB Academics pursuing grant funding. UCL has many resources to support grant applications and this page will continue to be updated in accordance with those available.
UCL pre-award administration
This portal contains:
• Information regarding pFACT costing tool
• Costing Research Projects - Basic Guide
• UCL Procedures for Research Grants and Contracts
• The contact details of your Departments Research Finance Officer and Contracts Manager
Research Professional uses a simple search engine to provide listings for agency applications, including deadlines.
Click on the links to jump to the relevant table for funding partner opportunities:
Maintaining a high success rate
The Faculty offers the following general tips on improving your success rate with applications:
- Mentoring/peer review as in advice/input from more experienced researchers
- Internal peer review (big grants, focusing on junior staff/fellowships)
- Practice interviews (especially fellowships)
- Encourage PIs to allow enough time for the process, really considered and engage with admin from the start
- Strategic fit / look at the research portfolio
- Check that research benefits the PI, Division, SLMS
- Raising awareness of calls for proposals, help on offer
- Comms – about deadlines, information to make process effective and PI fully informed 1-2-1 with PI – during induction, at the beginning of the process
- Regular workshops for all applicants
How can we improve this page? E-mail: Ed Whitfield with your comments and suggestions.
Page last modified on 13 aug 14 15:17 by Edward D Whitfield