- Help With...
- Advice and Guidance
- Events and Workshops
- Events Calendar
- Careers Fairs
- Sector Themed Weeks
- Employer Presentations
- The Careers Group Events
- Other Employer Events
- Jumpstart Workshops
- International Students' Talks
- Masters QuickFix! Programme
- Personality Profiling
- Global Citizenship Employability Programme
- Focus on Management
- Business Challenges and Competitions
- Job Sites
- About Us
- Careers 50th Anniversary
- Information for Employers
- Information for Staff
Events and Workshops
There are many events you can attend to improve your knowledge of the job market, a particular sector and specific employers as well as workshops on improving your CV and applications, interview technique and job searching skills. Most of our events are free to attend and are open to all UCL students and recent graduates.
Use the links in the two tabs below to find out more about the different types of events we organise.
- Careers Fairs: With many employers from a specific industry in one place, our fairs are a great way to find out more from managers and graduate employers about relevant jobs, selection processes and current opportunities.
- Employer Presentations: To find out more about what it’s like working for a top organisation, attend an event and hear from your chosen employer as well as newly hired graduates, to get insider information on the selection process and get a chance to network afterwards.
- Sector Themed Weeks: Throughout the year we hold a weeks worth of events dedicated to a specific sector, such as Arts & Cultural Heritage, Law, Media, Life Sciences and many more.
- Global Citizenship Employability Programme: A little more intensive, our Employability Programme, which is run as part of UCL Global Citizenship, is designed to give you a thorough grounding in a range of employability skills so you can get ahead of the competition and provides the opportunity to meet with a wide range of graduate recruiters.
- Focus on Management: Our flagship three-day course which challenges you in an authentic business environment with real case studies and chance to network with the wide range of employers involved.
- Careers Group Events: Our parent body, The Careers Group, University of London host a range of networking or recruitment events throughout the year which are open to all UoL students.
- External Events: UCLU societies and UCL academic departments run career related events where you can meet potential future employers and many recruiters will also organise their own events which may be open to UCL students.
- Skills4Work Workshops: Run in partnership with UCLU, this series of Employer-led workshops and panel sessions will help you understand what employers are looking for and how to develop/promote your skills more effectively.
- Skills4Work Application Coaching: A wide range of graduate recruiters run one-to-one CV and application checking sessions to give you an insight into what they are looking for when they shortlist applications.
- Skills4Work Interview Coaching: A wide range of graduate recruiters run one-to-one practice interview sessions to give you experience of typical graduate level interview and give you an insight into what they are looking for during the recruitment process.
- Skills4Work Practice Assessment Centres: A wide range of graduate recruiters get involved with this series of half day workshops to give you an insight into how a typical graduate level assessment centre works and to give you practical experience with typical selection exercises.
- Personality Profiling: Interactive group workshops to help you learn more about personality types and how you work with others.
- Global Citizenship Employability Programme: A little more intensive, our Employability Programme, which is run as part of UCL Global Citizenship, is designed to give you a thorough grounding in a range of employability skills so you can get ahead of the competition.
- Focus on Management: Find out more about our flagship three-day course which challenges you in an authentic business environment with real case studies and employers.
- JumpStart Programme: A series of Careers Consultant led talks covering topics such as career planning, job hunting, networking, writing applications and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
- International Students' Programme: A series of Careers Consultant led talks aimed specifically at International Students covering topics such as career planning, applying for Postgraduate study, job hunting, (both in the UK and "back home" / overseas), visas and work permits, writing applications and preparing for interviews and assessment centres..
- Masters QuickFix! Programme: A series of Careers Consultant led talks aimed specifically at those studying at Masters level covering topics such as career planning, applying for PhDs, job hunting, writing applications and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
- Researchers Programme: For Research Students and Staff, we run a range of events to help you with next steps whether you're planning to stay in academia or moving to the workplace.
- Business Competitions & Challenges: feeling competitive? Challenge yourself and students across the country and get a chance to win top prizes and even paid experience with top employers!
If you want to be one of the first to know about events, sign up to UCLAlert! and you’ll receive personalised updates about relevant events and when they’re open for bookings.
Log in to your My UCL Careers to book and manage any existing bookings.