- What to expect
Whether you're unsure about your future or have ideas that you want to explore in more detail, this one-to-one discussion can cover a range of different areas including:
- Making decisions about your future, e.g. choosing between work or further study/research
- Exploring specific ideas or options related to your degree
- Gaining skills/work experience linked to longer-term career goals
- Finding opportunities, (jobs, further study, research etc.)
- Changing or leaving your course
- Marketing your degree, skills and experience to employers
- What to expect at interviews or assessment centres
- How to prepare for aptitude or other selection tests
- What it won't cover
If you are writing a specific application, (CV/cover letter etc.), and need advice on how to improve it, please book 'Applications Advice' as Short Guidance appointments are not suitable for this.
Similarly, although Short Guidance can be used for questions around what to expect at interviews and how to prepare, for a more role-play based interview coaching session, please book a 'Practice Interview'.
- Unable to visit in person
Not a problem - you can discuss any 'Short Guidance' query by phone. Simply book an appointment as outlined below and reply to the booking confirmation email to let us know that you'll be phoning in rather than coming in person.
If there's any information relating to your query that you feel will aid the discussion, please also send this by email with as much notice possible, (and no less than one hour before your appointment), so that it can be passed on to the relevant careers consultant.
- Book now
Short Guidance appointments run throughout the week during our normal opening hours and are bookable online up to seven days in advance before they are due to take place. (e.g. a 2pm slot next Thursday will become available to book at 2pm this Thursday).
All currently available appointment slots for the next week will show up when you log into your myUCLCareers account.
At busy times of year, if we're currently fully booked for the next seven days, please check myUCLCareers regularly for cancelled bookings or for new slots being released.