myUCLCareers is an online portal enabling current students, recent graduates and researchers, (staff and students), to engage with some of our services.
Once logged in you can:
- Check availability for and book one-to-one careers guidance or application / interview coaching appointments with members of our team. (For an overview of different appointment types offered, please read our 'Get one-to-one advice' page).
- View our forthcoming events calendar and manage your event bookings with us. (For an overview of different event types offered, please read our 'Come to an event' page).
- Access our vacancy board and search for part-time work, internships, placement opportunities and graduate-level opportunities from employers targeting students at UCL.
- Set your personal preferences to receive daily or weekly email digests for new opportunities and events according to your areas of interest.
- Sign-up to our Careers Updates Newsletter to stay informed of our upcoming opportunities, events and features from employers and staff.
Note: UCL staff who provide support for students on making best use of our services are also able to log in for 'read only' access to the system.
Please read the relevant section below about how to access your account and where to get support if you're having difficulties.
Select "Student login" and use your standard UCL single sign-on user ID and password. For support with this, please visit the UCL ISD website.
If you completed a course at UCL within the past two years* and are no longer studying here, select the "Alumni login and registration" button.
For first time use as a graduate you can either:
- Click "Reset Alumni password" to set up a new password for your myUCLCareers account using your old UCL email address if you still have access to this or
- Click "Alumni sign up" to register a different email address as your new username. When asked for your "student ID" on the registration form, you MUST enter the "UPI" Code from the front of your old UCL ID card. (The format is 5 letters and 2 numbers e.g. UCLID38 and it can also be found on your PORTICO profile if you have lost your old ID card).
*For more information on careers support for graduates, please see our access to services information.
If you are employed by UCL as a member of research staff, (including postdoctoral research staff), you will need to register your details with us to set up a myUCLCareers account.
Select the Research Staff button and you will have two options:
- For first time use, you will need to select the "Register" option. All UCL staff have a UCL user ID and password issued by ISD as detailed on their website. When prompted to create a username for your myUCLCareers account, you MUST use your email address in the format: "firstname.lastname@example.org" and then complete the other details on the registration form.
- Once you have received email notification that your registration has been approved, click the "Log in" button and use your user ID and main UCL password to log in to your account.
If your role at UCL involves promoting specific services provided by UCL Careers to your students, and you feel it would be useful to be able to view things like our events calendar or jobs board or to be able to monitor the day to day appointment availability that your students have access to, you can request 'read only' access to myUCLCareers.
Simply email email@example.com with your job title, UCL userid and details of how you work with students before logging in below once your account has been created.
Careers support for non-research staff
Other UCL staff members, (non-academic / professional services), may have access to certain services provided by UCL Careers but won't be able to book these through the myUCLCareers system. Please contact us for information on what we can offer.