Insight into Careers in International Development
28 November 2022, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
Sign up for this Sector Insight Event to learn how to get into International Development.
- UCL students
XLGI Lecture Theatre20 Gordon StreetLondonWC1H 0AJUnited Kingdom
Working in the field of International Development can lead to a fascinating career, but how do people do it? It can be extremely competitive due to a lack of graduate roles available. Researching all opportunities such as internships, paid or voluntary experience is essential to give you an opportunity to get your foot in the door.
At this on campus panel event, you will hear from recent UCL graduates and experienced professionals working in the international development sector about their career to date.
Each panellist will present their career journey, how they got into the sector, their day-to-day in their current job, what attracted them to the field? what skills have helped them to develop/progress in the field and will provide you with tips for getting into the sector.
We are delighted to be joined by speakers from, WaterAid, Amnesty International, Genesis Analytics and the University of Cambridge.
Attending this panel on campus event will enable you to understand the following:
- The types of roles that are available within International Development.
- Skills beneficial for sourcing a role within International Development
- Where to source experience if you are looking to work in the industry
- Is a postgraduate qualification essential?
- How to set yourself apart in this competitive industry.