Careers with Global Impact Programme, (CGIP), introduces GCP participants and UCL students to more options with their career planning.
The focus of the programme is really on career paths within these sectors and the routes that UCL students may be interested in taking. By taking part you will gain insight into how the skills you are developing through UCL’s Global Citizenship programme translate into roles on a global stage.
Come to a Careers with Global Impact event and hear more from professionals from across a range of sectors:
- Wednesday 12 February 2020, 1pm - 3pm – Working in International Development
- Wednesday 4 March 2020, 2pm - 4pm – Conservation within Sustainability
- Wednesday 18 March 2020, 4.30pm - 6.30pm – Global Health Postponed due to recent COVID-19 developments.
- Thursday 4 June 2020, 10am - 5pm – Global Organisations Careers Conference (bookings open 4 weeks before this event)
Please subscribe to our Careers with Global Impact mailing list for updates and notifications of when bookings open.
Beginning in the Autumn term there will be a short introduction to the programme, exploring the different sectors that we will be focussing on in Spring 2020.
In the spring we will delivering a bespoke programme of sector specific events - including workshops, presentations, panel discussions and career forums.
We will be inviting external organisational representatives onto campus to help students understand more about the roles available in these sectors. The events will also cover the personal journey of speakers, the key skills needed to excel in roles, relevant advice on how to enhance your career and the opportunity to network one –to-one.
Students will also have the opportunity to attend a one day Global Careers Conference in June. This conference explores professional careers, roles and global themes, focusing on government, policy and intergovernmental agencies as well as their related areas, such as research & development, consultancy, policy making and more.
Students can expect talks, cases studies and networking from leading Global organisations. There will be keynotes from Industry leaders with many more speakers to be announced.
Why take part?
This programme is perfect if you want to prepare for roles in a global jobs market and pursue a rewarding career. Our events will give you the opportunity to get an insight into sectors such as sustainability, global health and government and policy from a range of speakers who have paved a career for themselves in leading global organisations. This is a key opportunity to gain an insight into a career you may not have previously considered and understand more about different sectors and industries from around the world.
- Develop planning and decision-making skills to prosper in a global job market
- Identify and apply your strengths and skills, understanding why these are important to international employers
- Engage with professionals from within these sectors with Q&A and informal networking
- Taking part in interactive workshops
- Reflecting on Global Citizenship with a wide range of employers and alumni
- Gaining advice from employers
- Participating in activities to understand more about different sectors and industries