What to expect
A series of question and answer panel sessions and interactive workshops led by leading recruiters who have identified key skills that graduates will require to be successful in the workplace.
Learn from the recruiters themselves about how best to develop these skills whilst at university and how to provide clear evidence that you have them during the application process.
Each event will generally be run by two or more recruiters from different sectors. Their focus will be on a skill that it is common to most graduate roles so will be relevant to anyone who wants to develop the skill regardless of the type of role you're applying for.
These events take place during the Autumn and Spring terms.
- All talks and workshops must be booked in advance through your myUCLCareers account.
- Bookings will open two weeks before each event is due to take place.
- For email alerts on when you can book a place at specific events, we recommend that you update your myUCLCareers 'email preferences' to sign up for our 'Event update' emails
Unable to attend
Not a problem – in addition to the resources provided after each specific event, you also have access to 'Careers Essentials Online'. This modular eLearning course is designed to allow you to engage with all aspects of graduate careers when it suits you. Courses comprise information, video tutorials, interactive quizzes and exercises, action sets and key resources to help you move forward and take ownership of your future.
- Your future and how to work towards it
- Understanding the graduate job market
- Sourcing jobs and work experience
- How do you write effective job applications
- Interview success
- Surviving the job hunt
There is also detailed information on how UCL Careers can support you throughout the course.
Watch our short introductory video on making the most of Careers Essentials online to get an understanding of how the course could help you.