Our employer network is keen to meet UCL students, develop your skills, and offer their insight into the world of work. UCL Careers is running its usual programme of employer events virtually, primarily during lunchtimes and evenings to avoid clashing with teaching time.
You can log into myUCLCareers to view our events calendar and register for those you'd like to attend. To be the first to know when new events are added, you can edit your account preferences on myUCLCareers to receive notifications.
To help look after the health of the UCL community during the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, events will mainly take place remotely / online, (using a variety of online event platforms), as it is safer to do. Please follow the booking guidelines for different event types below for further details.
Please note that not all of our events are recorded by default. If an event is being recorded it will be made clear on the booking page on myUCLCareers. If notice is not given on the booking page on myUCLCareers, please do not expect to be able to view a recording of the event after the event or at a later date.
Recruitment and networking events
- Careers fairs: A large number of employers from a particular sector all in one event to promote their opportunities.
- Employer presentations: Individual companies delivering lecture style presentations about their organisations and vacancies with Q&A opportunities.
- Sector themed weeks: A week of events which focus on a specific industry sector. Each themed week has a varied programme of events led by industry professionals and Careers Consultants to help you learn more about each sector and build your contacts network.
- Researchers' programme: An employer led series of sector specific panels / networking events aimed specifically at research students and staff.
- China Careers Fair: The China Careers Fair is a unique way for organisations based in China to engage with UCL students and alumni.
Skills development events
- Career Essentials programme: A series of Careers Consultant led talks covering topics such as career planning, personality profiling, job hunting, networking, writing applications and preparing for interviews and assessment centres.
- Career Essentials Group Work Programme: A new series of small group workshops covering topics such as tailoring your CV effectively and writing speculative applications, allowing you to work with other students to develop your applications, share ideas and receive advice from the trained facilitator.
- Employer-led skills sessions: A mix of employer-led workshops / panel sessions; one-to-one coaching on interview skills or write effective applications and practice assessment centres.
- Researchers programme: For research students and staff, this bespoke programme of Careers Consultant led events will help you with next steps whether you're planning to stay in academia or looking at other options.
- Business competitions & challenges: Challenge yourself against students across the country and win prizes including paid internships!
UCL Careers welcomes a broad range of employers to our events who are interested in hiring UCL students and graduates.
We believe that students should be given freedom of choice in where they decide to work. Therefore, we do not impose a subjective viewpoint on which companies are allowed to attend our events, as long as they are offering genuine, lawful opportunities that would not bring UCL into disrepute.