There are currently no events planned
Dr Pier Lambiase (Reader in Cardiology and a Consultant Electrophysiologist in the UCL Institute of Cardiovascular Science) has been chosen as the winner of the 2015 Michael Davies Early Career Award. This highly prestigious prize, awarded at its Annual Conference by the British Cardiovascular Society, recognises Dr Lambiase’s outstanding contribution to cardiovascular medicine.
The Award acknowledges clinical and non-clinical researchers who have recently established themselves as independent investigators, conducting ground-breaking research. Professor Hingorani commented “…this is superb news and a really major achievement for Pier and the Institute. I am especially pleased with Dr Lambiase’s success in gaining this award, as I understand he was up against some very stiff competition”.
- Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging wins public engagement award
- BHF 4-year PhD studentships
- Gene Annotation newsletter Nov 2014
- Diabetis risk and statins
- HRH opens the ICS Phenotyping Unit
- Drink less for a healthier heart
- Test for cholesterol gene starts
- 3D patient-specific models of congenital heart diseases
- ICS submits its silver Athena Swan application
- PhD student Marianna Fontana wins Early Career Award
- ICS PhD student wins Melvin Judkins Young Investigator Award
- Dates for 2014 Hands-on cardiac morphology courses
- Can a genetic study anticipate the outcome of a randomized trial?
- New Open Heart Journal
- Blood pressure at night is higher than previously thought
- Research Grant success
- Blood screening that prevents heart attacks
- Seeing the heart in 4D
- National early warning score to identify patients in need of urgent care