There are currently no events planned
The ICS Centre
for Cardiovascular Imaging based at Great Ormond Street (GOSH) has been awarded
a UCL Beacon Bursary for public engagement.
They will involve a small group of
teenagers and their parents in designing the next project that will assess
whether 3D models of congenital heart defects can help the patients better
understand their condition and what it entails.
These models could act as effective communication tools and this potential is being explored by the engineering team at the Centre for Cardiovascular Imaging.
- BHF 4 Year PhD studentships
- Gene Annotation Newsletter Nov 2014
- Diabetes risk and statins
- HRH opens the ICS Phenotyping Unit
- Drink less for a healthier heart
- Tests for cholesterol gene start
- 3D patient-specific models of congenital heart diseases
- ICS submits its silver Athena SWAN application
- PhD Student Marianna Fontana wins Early Career Award
- Professor Derek Yellon awarded an honorary DSc by the
University of Cape Town
- ICS PhD student wins Melvin
Judkins Young Investigator Award
- Dates for 2014 Hands-on cardiac morphology courses
- Can a genetic study anticipate the outcome of a randomized trial?
- New Open Heart journal
- Blood pressure at night is higher than previously thought
- Research grant success
- Blood screening that prevents heart attacks
- Seeing the heart in 4D
- National Early Warning Score to identify patients in need of urgent care