The RANG Committee’s main remit is to support early career researchers to collaborate across ICS and the wider UCL community in developing their careers whilst acquiring the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience to further their roles within the Institute and beyond.
Members of the RANG includes PhD students to early post-doctoral level to reader/principal research associate and from non-clinical and clinical backgrounds.
Because the RANG committee has a permanent seat on the ICS Institute Management Board (IMB) it can and often does influence ICS decisions related to strategy and policy.
Recent RANG activities and initiatives include:
- Drafting of Guidance for ICS Covid-19 Recovery Fund for Fellows and PGR Students
- Creation of ICS Research Fellows Group
- Creation of ICS Communications committe
- Organisation and format of ICS Town Hall Meetings
- Organisation of Seminar Series
- Organisation of Christmas/Holiday party/quiz
In addition, active membership in the RANG provides for creating good working relationships with your colleagues and additional responsibilities, which can contribute to career development.
If you have any questions, please do feel free to get in touch with Paul Frankel (firstname.lastname@example.org) or
Adil Chowdhury (email@example.com)
We look forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.
The group is currently chaired by Paul Frankel
The Department representatives at the RANG are currently:
- Thomas Treibel (Deputy RANG Chair, Clinical Science)
- Carole Sudre (Deputy RANG Chair, Population Science and Experimental Medicine)
- Claudio Capelli (Children’s Cardiovascular Disease)
- Sapna Arjun (Pre-clinical and Fundamental Science)
- Alexandros Protonotarios (Clinical Science)
- Jennifer Steeden (Children’s Cardiovascular Disease)
A group meeting is held remotely every month to get updates from the IMB meetings, discuss organising events and other ICS issues.
To be included in the mailing list please contact Adil Chowdhury (firstname.lastname@example.org)