At UCL we are very grateful to all our donors for their generous support towards all aspects of our work, from student support to ground-breaking medical research. We were founded on philanthropy and it is this that has allowed our academic and student communities to flourish, and help maintain our status as London’s Global University.
We want all of our donors to feel valued and we want your experience of giving to UCL to be positive, and that’s why we would like to make these promises to you.
- We promise to treat you with respect, ensuring that all gifts are acknowledged promptly and that you are treated with respect and understanding. We will be available if you need to talk to us about your gift, or if you have any concerns or complaints.
- We promise that your gift will go towards the area(s) you wish to support. Where the gift is unrestricted, UCL will decide where best to apply the donation.
- We promise to keep you informed of the way we use your gift. If academic priorities change then we will discuss with you, or your representative, how to move forward.
- We promise to keep you updated on the impact of your gift. You will receive regular updates about the impact of your gift. If your gift is for academic posts we will keep you informed of the recruitment process, and the subsequent research outputs and impact. If your gift is for student support we will share with you annual student updates. We reserve the right to make the final decision about any applicants that will be supported through philanthropy.
- We promise to be responsible with your data, ensuring that we comply with Data Protection law. We will store your data securely and in line with your wishes, never selling your data to third parties. If you tell us that you do not want to be contacted by us, then we will act on your wishes. For more information, please see our privacy notice.
- We promise to collaborate with you, adapting this promise as we listen to you, our donor.