It is in the interests of all parties to be represented properly, and for the relationship to be clear in the minds of your audiences.
When we work with partners, the way we use our combined branding depends on the weight of balance in the relationship.
In most scenarios, the partner logos should be adequate, without the need for an additional logo.
To use the UCL logo, please see our logo requests page for more information, and details on how to obtain permission.
Scenario 1: UCL as a lead partner
- Use the UCL banner and place any partner logos in the bottom right-hand corner
Scenario 2: UCL as an equal partner
- Arrange the logos on a horizontal axis or alternatively stack them one above the other. Space and size equally
Scenario 3: UCL as a minor partner
- Provide the lead partner with the UCL logo in .eps (for print) or .png format (for screen) at sufficient resolution. Do not send .jpegs or UCL logos found online as they can be poor quality
- The lead partner will use their visual identity and place the UCL logo appropriately
- Ask for a proof to check they have used it correctly and in a way that reflects well on UCL
All UCL faculties, institutes, departments and centres should carry UCL as a prefix, eg UCL Engineering.
Only when a unit is wholly funded by an external body, the ‘at UCL’ suffix can be used, e.g.: MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL.