UCL's brand profile is a valuable asset and our logo embodies this, signalling a guarantee of quality or endorsement. For that reason it is important that we manage how our logo is used.
On this page you'll find out how to request permission to use the UCL logo and our brand usage terms and conditions.
Using our logo
If you are a UCL staff member and need to use the brand for UCL-related communications, please use the available banners and templates.
If you are not a member of UCL staff, or you are working on a partnership with a third party, you must obtain permission to use the UCL name or logo artwork. Please see below for further details.
The standalone UCL logo is only used for partnerships with external organisations and requires permission to be used.
If you would like to use the UCL logo, or your departmental logo in conjunction with a third party, you must request it via the form below.
Please note that all requests that involve external organisations now require you to submit a logo request form. Some requests may require approval from UCL Council, therefore a decision on complex brand usage may take up to six weeks.
Permission to use the standalone UCL logo
'UCL', 'University College London' and the UCL artwork (banner and standalone logo) are registered trademarks. If you are not a member of UCL staff, or you are working on a partnership, you must obtain permission to use the UCL name or logo artwork.
Students must fill out the logo request form to request permission to use the UCL logo. Students are not permitted to use or adapt the logo or banner for other items, such as business cards, student society logos, social media channels, websites or any other promotional materials.
Third parties include any person, company or other entity apart form UCL, including any which have a commercial connection with UCL, or UCL employees when conducting activities other than those on behalf of UCL.
We generally do not approve the use of our logo in third-party marketing materials. This includes online and offline advertising collateral.
We do not permit the UCL logo to be used to endorse our suppliers' services.
If you are working with UCL on a project or initiative, please ask your UCL contact to request third-party permissions by completing the logo request form above.
- If granted permission to use UCL’s brand identity, you will do so in accordance with our terms.
- Permission is granted on a case-by-case basis. Further usage must be granted via subsequent requests.
- Our grant of permission at one point does not prevent us from revoking that permission at a later point.
- You agree that UCL owns its brand and that you will not challenge or attempt to challenge them.
- UCL’s brand identity is provided ‘as is’ and must not be altered in any way.
- You agree to use the UCL brand identity in accordance with our guidelines.
- Complete brand terms and conditions
- If UCL approves your request to use any UCL trademarks, logos or other distinctive features ("UCL brand identity"), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (the "Agreement").
- You agree to comply with the UCL brand guidelines. So long as you do so, and provided that UCL expressly approves your logo request, UCL grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, royalty-free limited license to use the UCL brand identity set forth in your corresponding logo request form for the sole purpose and only for the materials set forth therein.
- UCL reserves the right in its sole discretion to terminate or modify your permission to display or use the UCL brand identity, and to take action against any use that does not conform to these terms and conditions, infringes any UCL intellectual property or other right, or violates applicable law.
- Except as set forth above, nothing herein grants or should be deemed to grant to you any right, title or interest in or to the UCL brand identity.
- You agree not to challenge or assist others to challenge the UCL brand identity (except to the extent such restriction is prohibited by applicable law), and you agree not to register or attempt to register any sub-brands, domain names, trademarks, trade names, or other distinctive brand features that are confusingly similar to those of UCL.
- The UCL brand assets and logos are provided 'as is' and must not be altered in any way.
- You may not assign your rights or delegate your obligations under this Agreement without UCL’s prior written consent. This Agreement is not intended to benefit, nor shall it be deemed to give rise to, any rights in any third party. This Agreement, the brand guidelines, and the logo request form, constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com