We run several central UCL social media accounts in order:
- to showcase UCL’s excellence, values and distinctiveness
- to create a sense of community among UCL staff and students
- to encourage a range of external audiences to take an interest in and get involved with UCL.
We create content for these accounts and share content on them that has been created by the UCL community and beyond.
Support for UCL departments
We promote a range of UCL activity on the social media channels we manage.
We manage the following social media accounts. We are also the main content creators for these channels:
- Facebook: UCL Official
- Flickr: UCL News
- Instagram: UCL
- Medium: UCL
- Snapchat: ucl_official
- SoundCloud: UCL Sound
- Twitter: @ucl
- YouTube: UCLTV
We also provide guidance to UCL staff on running effective social media accounts, which can be found on the UCL Social Media website.
Ishani Bechoo, Head of Digital Communications (Facebook, Twitter)
Amy Holmes, Internal Communications Officer (Instagram, Snapchat)
Melissa Bradshaw, Content Producer (SoundCloud, Medium, Flickr)
- Social media: @ucl and @uclnews Twitter channel information (doc, 16KB)
- Social media: @UCLOfficial Facebook channel information (doc, 830KB)
- Social media: Twitter advertising campaigns (ppt, 692KB)
- @uclnews: news from UCL, run by Media Relations
- @uclevents: run by Corporate Events
- @pams_ucl: run by Student Recruitment Marketing
- Social media: international
- Digital communications blog