REF 2021 is the second assessment carried out under the Research Excellence Framework (REF), with the first one issued in 2014. We are delighted to have maintained our position as best in the UK for Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience according to research power.
- Best in the UK for Psychology, Psychiatry and Neuroscience.
- 92% of our research is graded 4* (‘world-leading’) and 3* (‘internationally excellent’), of which 67% is in the 4* top category.
- Our research received a Grade Point Average of 3.57 (out of 4) ranking us 6th in the UK.
- Our research environment is ranked equal 1st in the UK with a 100% world-leading rating.
Brain Sciences impact case study highlight
A new programme of resources and interventions from the Evidence Based Practice Unit at UCL and the Anna Freud Centre is transforming support for young people with mental health difficulties.
REF 2021 News
- Read more on UCL News
- Read more on Faculty of Brain Sciences News