Communication is Key: Getting found on Google
13 February 2019, 9:30 am–1:00 pm
For staff in the Faculties of Brain Sciences and Medical Sciences.
G121-19 Torrington PlaceLondonWC1E 7HB
Have you ever wondered how to get your IRIS profile on to Page 1 of Google for the right searches?
In this morning session, we will explain how Google works and how to optimize your IRIS profile to be found on Google.
We will also be covering best practice on LinkedIn profiles for academics and how social and traditional media can help you to be found on Google.
We also look at how to take a good photo/record a video on your phone. There will be a photographer in attendance to take new headshots.
- 9.30 - 9.45 Introduction: Why we are here and today’s agenda (Therese Johns & Amanda O’Brien)
- 9.45 - 10.15 How Google Works (Amanda O’Brien)
- 10.15 - 10.45 How to get found on Google through Traditional Media(Chris Lane)
- 10.45 - 11.15 How to get found on Google through Social Media (Jo Williams from Chapter and Verse)
- 11.15 - 11.30 Break
- 11.30 - 12.00 How to get found on Google through Iris and Linked In(Amanda O’Brien)
- 12.00 -12.30 How to take great photos and videos on your phone(Amanda O’Brien)
- 12.30 - 13.00 Opportunity for new Headshot photos.
This session is designed for academic and research staff and PhD students in the Faculties of Medical Sciences and Brain Sciences.
For more information, contact Amanda O'Brien: email@example.com