Statistics and Computing (EPIDGS032)
The main aim is to introduce the basic statistical methods used in epidemiological and public health research. Students will also learn to make practical use of a statistical computer package STATA.
By the end of this Module students should be able to:
1. describe the role of statistical methods in epidemiological and public health research;
2. present results effectively by making appropriate displays, summaries, and tables of data;
3. understand the problem of sampling variation, and the role of statistical methods in quantifying this;
4. select an appropriate statistical method for the analysis of simple data sets;
5. correctly interpret the results of statistical analyses reported in the health literature;
6. perform simple statistical analyses using STATA, and
7. interpret their findings from statistical analyses and present these findings in a clear, concise, and logical manner.
Page last modified on 20 mar 14 14:56