SUBJECT-SPECIFIC TAUGHT MODULES
Please note that this is a provisional list. The selection of modules will not be made until the start of the course. Advice will be given by the Subject Tutors on selection taking into account the interest of the student, relevance to the Research Project and the previous academic experience of the student. Some modules may be appropriate for more than one subject stream.
Biochemistry - Taught modules (Select one of the following)
Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Cardiovascular Disease
Nutrition and Metabolism in Health and Disease
Subject Stream Tutor
Prof Kaila Srai
firstname.lastname@example.org tel +44 20 7679 2642
Please note that you only choose your Research Project at the start of the course following advice from the subject tutor. The information given here is just to give you a "flavour" of the options and for you to think about the topic that particularly interests you.
Within the Division of Biosciences, UCL there is a large range of research being carried out on biochemistry in health and disease and in the process of regeneration. The emphasis of this research is on intracellular signalling pathways and cellular trafficking. Examples of specific research areas from which projects may be available can be found on the following links.
Example Project Titles include:
- Molecular interactions and mechanism of action of the human RUVBL1/RUVBL2 complex
- What is the mechanism of obesity induced changes in iron status. Role of inflammation and diet
- An analysis of intracellular sodium/ proton exchangers of the NHE family
- Molecular basis of Neuropilin-1 and Neuropilin-2 interaction with VEGF
- Elucidating the role of the CoA biosynthesis pathway in health and disease
Page last modified on 18 sep 14 12:59