Equality, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI) and Wellbeing
We aim to foster a positive cultural climate where all staff and students can flourish and be their authentic selves. The Dignity at Work policy and support provision protects staff from unacceptable behaviour.
Staff are encouraged to view the UCL Wellbeing pages which includes information on 'Every Mind Matters' and advice on working from home.
Here is a selection of the equalitity and diversity initiatives we have in place to achieve our goals.
Age is classed as a protected characteristic in equality law and UCL aims to support colleagues of all ages. Find out more:
Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) staff
UCL was one of the first universities in the UK to receive a Race Equality Charter Bronze Award in January 2016 in recognition of its efforts to understand and address racial inequality in Higher Education.
BAME staff can access many resources and support at UCL. RaceMatters@UCL is a network for BAME staff members at UCL, which provides networking opportunities, peer support, social events, and much more.
Deaf staff and staff with disabilities
UCL staff who are Deaf or have a disability can access to comprehensive support in the workplace. Choose a link below to find out more:
- UCL Occupational Health service
- Networks for staff who are Deaf or have a disability
- Accessibility and Disability IT support
- Visit the UCL HR website to find out more about support for staff who are Deaf or have a disability
LGBT+ staff at UCL can have access to a range of support and resources.
UCL was the first university to join Stonewall’s Global Diversity Champions programme in 2014.
- Stonewall’s Global Diversity Champions programme in 2014
- UCL's equality and diversity strategies and networks
Zero tolerance of sexual harassment
UCL works with the Students’ Union on their Zero Tolerance to Sexual Harassment campaign. We all have a responsibility to make our University a safe space for all students and staff.
- UCLU zero tolerance to sexual harassment campaign
- Dignity at Work Advisors - informal support for staff experiencing bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Employee Assistance Programme - for staff access to counselling and other support services
Women at UCL
UCL is the proud owner of a Silver Athena SWAN award for its efforts to tackle gender inequality in Higher Education.
Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Parental Leave at UCL
Find out information about policies and support for new and expectant parents at the UCL HR website.