Biosciences News and Events Publication
- CDB: 2011 Young Embryologist Network Meeting
- SMB: A new paradigm for how genes are read – ‘the elongation-first hypothesis’
- Speak Up! The 2011 National Student Survey seeks your views
- NPP research featured in BBC's The Secret World of Pain
- GEE: Simple marine worms distantly related to humans
- NPP: Student awarded Bogue Research Fellowship
- Biosciences win three Wellcome Image Awards
- UCL voted best place for postdocs to work
- CDB: JZ Young Memorial Lecture, Friday March 18 - all welcome
- Biosciences wins three prizes in Graduate School Research Poster Competition
- NPP: Student wins Scientific Research Prize
- Opportunity for Outstanding Young Neuroscientist
- Sponsorship of Fellowship applications invited for Early Career Scientists
- Former UCL Biosciences PhD student wins most promising thesis award
- Annals of Human Genetics archive opened
- What do romantic love and appreciation of artistic beauty have in common?
- Prof Steve Jones elected to membership of the American Philosophical Society
- Crossing your arms 'relieves hand pain'
- Dr Julia Day gives an insight into her research on biodiversity
- UCL gains awards in a major new funding scheme
- UCL launches its open access repository
- Dr Samuel Lee's book, Motherhood in the 21st Century: A Stock Take, is now available
- The National Student Survey (NSS) website is now live
- UCL and Apple - 'A Class Partnership'
- Department of Genetics, Evolution and Environment appoints three new Professional Chairs
- Lab Techniques in Mammalian Cell Biology
- Multi-scale Biomolecular Modelling Lecture Series - May
- FRS for Gabriel Waksman and Steve Jones
- Walking with Gosse
- Innovation Awards
- Animal model of human evolution indicates thick hair mutation emerged 30,000 years ago
- Don't miss the Biosciences Module Fair - Wednesday 20th March
- The Sammy Lee Memorial Lecture at The Young Embryologist Meeting, 31 May 2013
- Obituary: Professor David Wilkie, born 6th August 1923, died 3rd March 2013
- Winners announced in Biosciences Poster Competition
- Green Impact Award for Biosciences (Darwin Building)
- New Student Hub opens in Anatomy Building
- Professor Bill Richardson elected Fellow of the Royal Society
- Employability skills video
- Alumni Event at London Zoo
- Will we ever be able to escape the diseases of old age?
- Cycling Ambassador Bike Days in July
- Provost opens new JBS Haldane Student Hub in Anatomy Building
- Two places available on the CPD course Lab Techniques in Mammalian Cell Biology
- Appointment of new Faculty Tutor
- Senior Academic and Research Promotions
- Prof Gabriel Waksman elected to German Academy of Sciences
- Faculty Research Day, 17 Sept 2013
- New Director of Division appointed
- Obituary: Prof Bastien Gomperts
- Weekly Neighbourhood meetings for Anatomy and MedSci & LMCB Building refurbishments
- UCL Biosciences Module Fair 2014
Green Impact Award for Biosciences (Darwin Building)
25 April 2013
We are delighted to announce that the 'Green-Darwin' Green
Impact Team has won two Bronze Awards which were presented by the Provost at an
Awards Ceremony held on 24 April. The team secured a Green Impact
Bronze Award and Giovanna Vinti secured a Green Darwin Labs Award. The team
even got mentioned in the Provost’s news letter from 29 April!
These achievements form part of the efforts of the wider UCL community in pressing forward the green agenda. Awards went to teams across UCL for work that included putting up awareness-raising notices and posters encouraging people to switch off lights and equipment when not needed, potentially saving 7,038kg CO2 per year; and likewise to print and photocopy double-sided, potentially saving 108,594kg CO2 and £40,220 on resource costs this year across the institution.
We would like to thank everyone in Darwin for their support and help in our Green Darwin Campaign which we will be continuing.
We will be planning more green initiatives from the Autumn as we aim to work towards obtaining a Green Impact Silver Award and further improving Darwin’s Green Impact. If anybody is interested in joining the Green Darwin Team then please let The Darwin Green Team know.
L-R: Elizabeth Sutton-Klein, Vanessa Scott, Jane Dempster, Giovanna Vinti
The Darwin Green Team currently comprises:
Antonia Ford, Claire Peart, Elizabeth Sutton-Klein, Fiona Williamson, Giovanna Vinti, Jane Dempster, Vanessa Scott.
Page last modified on 25 apr 13 09:31