Biosciences News and Events Publication
- CDB: 2011 Young Embryologist Network Meeting
- SMB: A new paradigm for how genes are read – ‘the elongation-first hypothesis’
- Speak Up! The 2011 National Student Survey seeks your views
- NPP research featured in BBC's The Secret World of Pain
- GEE: Simple marine worms distantly related to humans
- NPP: Student awarded Bogue Research Fellowship
- Biosciences win three Wellcome Image Awards
- UCL voted best place for postdocs to work
- CDB: JZ Young Memorial Lecture, Friday March 18 - all welcome
- Biosciences wins three prizes in Graduate School Research Poster Competition
- NPP: Student wins Scientific Research Prize
- Opportunity for Outstanding Young Neuroscientist
- Sponsorship of Fellowship applications invited for Early Career Scientists
- Former UCL Biosciences PhD student wins most promising thesis award
- Annals of Human Genetics archive opened
- What do romantic love and appreciation of artistic beauty have in common?
- Prof Steve Jones elected to membership of the American Philosophical Society
- Crossing your arms 'relieves hand pain'
- Dr Julia Day gives an insight into her research on biodiversity
- UCL gains awards in a major new funding scheme
- UCL launches its open access repository
- Dr Samuel Lee's book, Motherhood in the 21st Century: A Stock Take, is now available
- The National Student Survey (NSS) website is now live
- UCL and Apple - 'A Class Partnership'
- Department of Genetics, Evolution and Environment appoints three new Professional Chairs
- Lab Techniques in Mammalian Cell Biology
- Multi-scale Biomolecular Modelling Lecture Series - May
- FRS for Gabriel Waksman and Steve Jones
- Walking with Gosse
- Innovation Awards
- Animal model of human evolution indicates thick hair mutation emerged 30,000 years ago
- Don't miss the Biosciences Module Fair - Wednesday 20th March
- The Sammy Lee Memorial Lecture at The Young Embryologist Meeting, 31 May 2013
- Obituary: Professor David Wilkie, born 6th August 1923, died 3rd March 2013
- Winners announced in Biosciences Poster Competition
- Green Impact Award for Biosciences (Darwin Building)
- New Student Hub opens in Anatomy Building
- Professor Bill Richardson elected Fellow of the Royal Society
- Employability skills video
- Alumni Event at London Zoo
- Will we ever be able to escape the diseases of old age?
- Cycling Ambassador Bike Days in July
- Provost opens new JBS Haldane Student Hub in Anatomy Building
- Two places available on the CPD course Lab Techniques in Mammalian Cell Biology
- Appointment of new Faculty Tutor
- Senior Academic and Research Promotions
- Prof Gabriel Waksman elected to German Academy of Sciences
- Faculty Research Day, 17 Sept 2013
- New Director of Division appointed
- Obituary: Prof Bastien Gomperts
- Weekly Neighbourhood meetings for Anatomy and MedSci & LMCB Building refurbishments
- UCL Biosciences Module Fair 2014
- SLMS Photography Competition: Photosynthesis
- Dr Nick Lane wins 2015 Biochemical Society Award
- Winners of the Biosciences Research Poster Competition
NPP: Student wins Scientific Research Prize
22 March 2011
Warmest congratulations to Miss Talia Atkin of the UCL Research Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology (NPP), who struck Gold, and a prize of £3,000, at a competition in the House of Commons for the excellence of her scientific research.
[image reference is broken]
Talia presented her biological research to more than one hundred politicians and a panel of expert judges, as part of SET for Britain, on 14 March.
The research, which looks at the underlying causes of schizophrenia, was judged against 59 other short-listed biologists’ work.
SET for Britain aims to help politicians understand more about the UK’s thriving science base and rewards some of the strongest scientific research being undertaken in the UK.
Further information here.
View all UCL Biosciences news
Page last modified on 22 oct 10 15:28