Vaccines Bioprocess Development and Commercialisation
Understand the challenges of creating a vaccine process.
16-18 May 2017
This course will explore the critical issues at the various stages of vaccine development. International experts with over 10 years’ experience in their field will lead delegates in developing their understanding in the research, operational and regulatory challenges of the vaccine market.
The module explores risk based decision making for bioprocess analytics by considering why a measurement is being made and what it conveys with regard to product critical quality attributes.
Topics covered will include:
• Scale-up from lab to pilot scale.
• Quality by Design (QbD) as part of vaccine development.
• Expression systems.
• Single use platforms.
• Regulation and its impact on development.
• Final formulation and adjuvants.
• Developing worlds’s needs.
Who should attend?
This course is of interest to research scientists, programme managers,
process engineers and policy makers. The course is accessible to those new to vaccine development or those working in the field from business and academia.
• Specialised vaccines staff who would benefit from broadening their knowledge base
• Those new to vaccine development (recent graduates / research scientists)
• Project Managers, funders and policy-makers wanting to gain an understanding in vaccines.
• Challenges toward developing an HIV vaccine
• Development and case studies of recombinant vaccines
• Viral Vaccines: Manufacturing and development challenges Adjuvants and formulation
• The quality control of human viral vaccines
• Testing and control of adventitious agents
• Conjugate vaccines: Overview and challenges
• Analytical tools for 21st century vaccines
• Case Study: Vaccine commercialisation and project management – live influenza virus vaccine
• Bridging legacy vaccines
• Integrated and automated manufacturing
• New therapies based on the controlled modulation of the immune system
• Clinical trial design
• Vision for improved process development
Tarit Mukhopadhyay, UCL
Barry Buckland, BiologicB
Stacey Springs, MIT-CBI
Christopher Love, MIT
Previous Expert Speakers Include
Alan Calleja, BioPharm Services
Matthew Downham, MedImmune
Adrian Hill, Oxford University
Steve Kolodziej, Pfizer
Alain Pralong, Pharma-consulting Enable, fmr VP GSK
Andrew Sinclair, BioPharm Services
Kuldip Sra, MedImmune
Indresh Srivastava, Protein Sciences Corp
Martin Wisher, BioReliance
Gareth Williams, UCL
A social networking event will be held for delegates and speakers
For further information and bookings please contact:
T: +44 (0) 20 7679 9619 I +44 (0) 203 549 5619