Dr Spyridon Konstantinidis
Post-doctoral Research Associate
- Phone: +44 (0)20 7679 7745
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EngD in biochemical engineering, UCL
- MSc Process analytics and quality technology, Newcastle University
- BSc Chemistry with management, Newcastle University
- Ptychion in Chemistry, University of Patras
Investigate the integration of microscale technologies and equipment with process development. The focus is on the development and characterization of small scale downstream processes, via model-based and data-driven approaches, so as to guide scale-up activities. These involve the development of analytical techniques, experimental design, novel optimization algorithms and numerical simulations. I am also supporting PhDs and MScs who pursue projects in bioprocessing.
- Konstantinidis S, Welsh JP, Roush DJ, Velayudhan A. Application of simplex-based experimental optimization to challenging bioprocess development problems: Case studies in downstream processing Biotechnol Prog, 32(2):404-414.
- Konstantinidis S, Kong S, Titchener-Hooker NJ. 2013. Identifying analytics for high throughput bioprocess development studies. Biotech Bioeng, 110(7): 1924-1935.
- Konstantinidis S, Heldin E, Chhatre S, Velayudhan A, Titchener-Hooker NJ. 2012. Strategic assay deployment as a method for countering analytical bottlenecks in high throughput process development: Case studies in ion exchange chromatography. Biotechnol Prog, DOI: 10.1002/btpr.1591.
- Konstantinidis S, Kong S, Chhatre S, Velayudhan A, Heldin E, Titchener-Hooker NJ. 2012. Strategic Assay Selection for analytics in high-throughput process development: Case studies for downstream processing of monoclonal antibodies. Biotechnol J, DOI: 10.1002/biot.201100476.
- Konstantinidis S, Chhatre S, Velayudhan A, Heldin E, Titchener-Hooker NJ. 2012. The hybrid experimental simplex algorithm – An alternative method for ‘sweet spot’ identification in early bioprocess development: Case studies in ion exchange chromatography. Anal Chim Acta, 743:19-32.
- Chhatre S, Konstantinidis S, Ji Y, Edwards-Parton S, Zhou Y, Titchener-Hooker NJ. 2011. The simplex algorithm for the rapid identification of operating conditions during early bioprocess development: Case studies in Fab’ precipitation and multimodal chromatography. Biotechnol Bioeng, 108:2162-2170.
Dept of Biochemical Engineering
Faculty of Engineering Science