Dr Lorenzo Lotti
Associate Professor (Teaching) in Economics of Energy and the Environment
Bartlett School Env, Energy & Resources
Faculty of the Built Environment
- Joined UCL
- 1st Sep 2016
My research is focused on Behavioural Economics applied to Energy and the Environment, with past research on Economics of Education and Development Economics.
Founder of BEET (Behavioural Environmental EconomicsTeam) https://www.ucl.ac.uk/bartlett/sustainable/behavioural-economics-environment-team
- "Generosity and Stability of Social Preferences: The Effects of Negative Socioeconomic Shocks and Framing" https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/109566/
- "Behavioural economics and sustainable food consumption." Joint with Arianna Buratto
- Ekins, P., Domenech, T., Drummond, P., Bleischwitz, R., Hughes, N. and Lotti, L. (2020) ‘The Circular Economy: What, Why, How and Where?’
Associate Professor (Teaching) Experience:
Programme Leader (EPEE, 2018 - )
BSEER Graduate Tutor (2020 - )
International Commodity Trade (MSc in Sustainable Resources, Department of Sustainable Resources)
Advanced Environmental Economics (MSc in Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment, Department of Sustainable Resources)
Environmental Resource Economics (MSc in Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment, Department of Sustainable Resources)
UCL Education Award Nomination 19/20
Nomination for UCL Students Choice Award 18/19
UCL Education Award 17/18
Nomination for UCL Provost Award 17/18
External Teaching Experiences:
Programme Leader for the training of the training course to LLC EnergyInvest Holding (Armenia)
Module leader in Environmental Economics for the“Economics for Foreign Policy course for the British government’s FCO” (CTaLE)
UCL Summer School:
International Trade and Migration (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- University College London
- Other Postgraduate qualification (including professional), ATQ03 - Recognised by the HEA as a Fellow | 2018
I am an economist at University College of London.
I hold a BSc in Economics from University of Genoa, an MSc inInternational Economics from University of Pavia, an MSc in Economics from UCLand a PhD in Applied Economics.
I've worked in the development economics field, with BRAC inUganda and IFS in India.
I'm currently working as Associate Professor and Programme Leader atUCL Bartlett, in the MSc of Economics and Policy of Energy end the Environment(EPEE).
Recognised Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, I am also Departmental Tutor for BSEER.