Short Course: Navigating the Business Sustainability Agenda
07 June 2021–18 June 2021, 10:00 am–5:30 pm
A 3-day course on the 7, 8 and 18 June 2021 designed to equip professionals with the tools to navigate corporate sustainability.
YouTube Widget Placeholderhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5JRDbLyXWg
Why take this course?
This practical course will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the business sustainability agenda. You will return to your role equipped with the confidence and skills to lead transformative change to benefit your organisation and your stakeholders.
Who this course is for?
This course is suitable for middle and senior managers and board level advisors who make business decisions and formulate organisational strategy and policy.
This course will enable you to:
- Evaluate the impact of current global, economic, social and environmental pressures on your organisation.
- Understand the importance of navigating complexity through system-thinking.
- Make recommendations on how to align sustainability with your core organisational strategy.
- Assess the opportunities for innovation and collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Reflect on the values, thinking and practices that you need to develop to be an effective change agent.
- Take action now and explore our organisation’s role in the sustainability transition.
- Leave with a Personal Action Plan, so you are set up to start implementing straight away.
Short Course - Live Training, 3 days
This course will help you develop and implement a sustainability strategy for your organisation, and will build your understanding of how sustainability is being embedded in leading organisations around the world.
You will learn from senior academics from University College London and industry leaders with decades of experience in sustainability consulting. Our delivery partners include sustainability experts Anthesis and Volans.
You will learn via interactive live teaching across three full days. We will provide you with preparatory reading in advance and will assess your work over the two weeks between Days 2 and 3, and after the course.
What are the benefits for my organisation?
Your organisation will benefit from worldclass research and industry case studies to become more sustainable in its activities. Your organisation will be better prepared to meet pressing sustainability challenges which customers are increasingly expecting companies to respond to positively.
Is this course certified?
You will receive a UCL certificate of completion for this course.
UNEP GEO for Business
Our short courses in Sustainability for Business broadly align with and support the 6 themes in the United Nations Environment Programme’s Global Environmental Outlook (GEO) for Business briefs.
It will cover topics including: an overview of business and sustainability; sustainable finance; the circular economy; decarbonised electricity and networks; sustainable food systems; sustainable infrastructure and leadership and change management. Some of the authors involved in the UNEP GEO for Business will be lecturers on the courses.